The Student Room Group

TSR Malaysian Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4320
Original post by jonchoongqx
wait hold on. As far as I know medical students dont stay in the student village. you guys are supposed to stay in the Whitechapel, near to the hospital :O

http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/college/qmaccommodation/whitechapel/index.html

but I'd like Pooley and Feilden :biggrin: cheers!

Oh apparently first year medics stay at Dawson Hall :O I hope they allocate me to my second choice then!
Original post by Awesomecha
Hello Nicholasng925:smile: Haha I'll shoot you questions if I get shortlisted. Thanks a lot.
So you are a BNM scholar?

Yeap, I'm studying Actuarial Science in Cass Business School. (:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4322
Hey! Malaysian from the land below the wind here! Can't wait to enter uni in september!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
i applied to aussie as well. so much more working and migration opportunities in australia compared to the UK :frown:
Reply 4324
Malaysian here. Which unis are you guys applying to and for what courses?
Reply 4325
Hi there!
Malaysian here from Penang, nice to meet you all. :smile:
Currently taking A-level course in England and plan to apply universities from Scotland, a wonderful place to live.
Hey all! I will be going to UK in September '13, provided I meet my conditions. Haha.
Anyway, I would like to get some advice on phone deals in the UK. I plan on waiting till I get to UK before I get a new phone so I can get the phone contract plans for like 24 months. I've read somewhere on TSR that international students are not eligible for these? In the meantime, I've been doing some calculations and perhaps buying a phone and bringing it from Malaysia with pay-as-you-go deals in UK will be cheaper? Since I most prob be coming back to Msia for Summer hols.

Really hope that you all can give some advice =) Thanks!
Reply 4327
Original post by wqlim
Hi there!
Malaysian here from Penang, nice to meet you all. :smile:
Currently taking A-level course in England and plan to apply universities from Scotland, a wonderful place to live.

Which unis have you applied to?
I've applied to Heriot Watt for ChemEng but still havent got a reply...
:angry:
Reply 4328
Original post by YummyBean
Hey all! I will be going to UK in September '13, provided I meet my conditions. Haha.
Anyway, I would like to get some advice on phone deals in the UK. I plan on waiting till I get to UK before I get a new phone so I can get the phone contract plans for like 24 months. I've read somewhere on TSR that international students are not eligible for these? In the meantime, I've been doing some calculations and perhaps buying a phone and bringing it from Malaysia with pay-as-you-go deals in UK will be cheaper? Since I most prob be coming back to Msia for Summer hols.

Really hope that you all can give some advice =) Thanks!

I think it will be much cheaper to buy a phone from Malaysia and bring it over here for Pay As You Go. If you do that, I suggest using Giff-Gaff which has some good deals and also between giff gaff users you can call and text for free.
Reply 4329
Original post by Anaf7
Which unis have you applied to?
I've applied to Heriot Watt for ChemEng but still havent got a reply...
:angry:

I'm just a college student studying A-level...Will be taking As exam this summer... We'll only start to apply university after that..
Reply 4330
Original post by wqlim
I'm just a college student studying A-level...Will be taking As exam this summer... We'll only start to apply university after that..

Oh right. Normally when people say "I'm studying A-levels" I assume they're doing A2 :colondollar:

What subjects do you do?
Reply 4331
Original post by Anaf7
Oh right. Normally when people say "I'm studying A-levels" I assume they're doing A2 :colondollar:

What subjects do you do?

I'm taking biology, chemistry, maths and further maths in A2 next year. I'm planning to take As physics in my A2 but it seems very difficult for me... :frown:
Hey guys :hello:

Any hopeful 2013 entry medics? :wink:
Reply 4333
Original post by wqlim
I'm taking biology, chemistry, maths and further maths in A2 next year. I'm planning to take As physics in my A2 but it seems very difficult for me... :frown:

Really? Same subjects as me this year then pretty much. In our college it's mandatory to do General Studies AS/A2 as well.
In my AS year I did Maths, F.Maths, Chemistry, Biology Physics and General Studies :L
It was horrible.
Reply 4334
Original post by Anaf7
Really? Same subjects as me this year then pretty much. In our college it's mandatory to do General Studies AS/A2 as well.
In my AS year I did Maths, F.Maths, Chemistry, Biology Physics and General Studies :L
It was horrible.

But for general studies most of the UK universities will not except that...why did you took so many? I don't think I can cope with it if I take so many subjects... :/

By the way, which degree and university are you applying for?
Original post by AspiringDoctor

Me :smile:
Reply 4336
Original post by wqlim
But for general studies most of the UK universities will not except that...why did you took so many? I don't think I can cope with it if I take so many subjects... :/

By the way, which degree and university are you applying for?

YOLO.
We have to take general studies at my college it's forced upon everyone.
Hopefully going to be doing ChemEng at either Surrey or Nottingham
Reply 4337
Original post by Anaf7
YOLO.
We have to take general studies at my college it's forced upon everyone.
Hopefully going to be doing ChemEng at either Surrey or Nottingham

Best of luck then! :smile:
Reply 4338
Original post by AspiringDoctor

Hi! Mine will be 2014. ha! :biggrin:
Reply 4339
Original post by wqlim
Best of luck then! :smile:

Best of luck to you as well ^^

Quick Reply