The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There's rumours we are going to sign Isco haha
Most of the papers today are claiming that Arsenal want Rooney. Hard to believe they'll be able to afford his wages and would Rooney really want to move to a club that hasn't won anything for such a long time? Plus would United sell one of their most valued assets to a rival? I honestly can't see this happening but then again football is a funny game, lol
Reply 5402
I'm getting a tad excited. This would be a major coup.
He's signed a four yr deal according to reports in Spain **** yeeeeees!!!!
Original post by ledleyking123
He's signed a four yr deal according to reports in Spain **** yeeeeees!!!!

Source?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Redcafe
Redcafe

Cheers, ill go take a look

Posted from TSR Mobile
No probs they are posting lots of updates
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Most of the papers today are claiming that Arsenal want Rooney. Hard to believe they'll be able to afford his wages and would Rooney really want to move to a club that hasn't won anything for such a long time? Plus would United sell one of their most valued assets to a rival? I honestly can't see this happening but then again football is a funny game, lol

It's been a while since Arsenal have been considered a rival to United.

5 years ago, I'd have laughed if you told me Arsenal would sell their best player to United though, so I guess anything can happen!
I still don't think Rooney will leave, even if he did there's no way we would sell him to another Premiership team, it will be overseas or nothing and he probably knows that as well.
These rumours are just coming from Usamov craving attention and saying he would be happy for United to buy him or whatever. He wont go to Arsrenal.
If arsenal are
Willing to pay a lot I would get rid of Rooney. Where's he going to
Play when we have thiago anyway.
Reply 5412
Original post by Aky786UK
Daily Mail saying same what Hunter's said; that wages have been agreed but discussions on-going for the fee. I'd say any announcement could happen next week.

That doesn't really make any sense. He has a release clause, why would we discuss the fee?! They wouldn't want to sell him for less and we wouldn't want to buy him for more.

RE best formation, I'd still rather Kagawa in the centre. So...

Carrick, Thiago
RW, Kagawa, LW
RvP

I'm not going to list every winger we have, and we have no idea who will start where, or who will even still be at the club for that matter (mainly referring to Nani). Also, obviously, there's no Rooney in his preferred position there. I have no idea how that'll be dealt with, though I suspect Kagawa will be pushed out wide a lot unfortunately.
Reply 5413
Original post by xDave-
That doesn't really make any sense. He has a release clause, why would we discuss the fee?! They wouldn't want to sell him for less and we wouldn't want to buy him for more.

RE best formation, I'd still rather Kagawa in the centre. So...

Carrick, Thiago
RW, Kagawa, LW
RvP

I'm not going to list every winger we have, and we have no idea who will start where, or who will even still be at the club for that matter (mainly referring to Nani). Also, obviously, there's no Rooney in his preferred position there. I have no idea how that'll be dealt with, though I suspect Kagawa will be pushed out wide a lot unfortunately.

Yep, I'd rather Kagawa play through the centre too.

I doubt Rooney will go Arsenal tho, dunno why I'm hearing this.
Reply 5414
Regarding the formations, I'm not sure whether it matters if Kagawa is played in the centre or out wide, its more dependent on how much freedom he is given in the role. He looked good for Japan against Italy where he spent 55% of the time on the left wing and the rest of the time he was able to roam and was subsequently unmarked. Playing on the left wing only becomes an issue where we need him to stay wide to keep the width against certain opposition. Its in those games that he has appeared somewhat disappointing.
why aren't ssn or bbc breaking about thiago
Decent chant?

@Jay_in_Essex
I am a Spanish man, from down Matt Busby Way, and I can play. What can you play? I play the United way. Thia-Thia-Thiago, Thiago, Thiago.
it will be decent if he hurris up and signs but nice chant
Reply 5418
why aren't ssn or bbc breaking about thiago

Because not even Man Utd have confirmed it. The likes of BBC only report it if the clubs involved in the transfer have officially said something.
Reply 5419
Original post by Brainiac
Regarding the formations, I'm not sure whether it matters if Kagawa is played in the centre or out wide, its more dependent on how much freedom he is given in the role. He looked good for Japan against Italy where he spent 55% of the time on the left wing and the rest of the time he was able to roam and was subsequently unmarked. Playing on the left wing only becomes an issue where we need him to stay wide to keep the width against certain opposition. Its in those games that he has appeared somewhat disappointing.

Just curious but do you know if he's right footed or left footed? Because I've seen him use both feet.

Latest