The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7880
Luis Alberto getting a hat-trick for U21s. 5-2 to LFC so far, LFC down to 10 men. Sterling and Dunn with the other LFC goals, came back from 2-0 down.

Sterling had a good game apparently too and good run to win a pen, which Alberto just about scores for his hat-trick.
Original post by mr tim
Luis Alberto getting a hat-trick for U21s. 5-2 to LFC so far, LFC down to 10 men. Sterling and Dunn with the other LFC goals, came back from 2-0 down.

Sterling had a good game apparently too and good run to win a pen, which Alberto just about scores for his hat-trick.

I heard Suarez was going to play?

Alberto seems to be multi-talented, and capable of playing in multiple positions at a high level. Can't wait to see him develop.
Reply 7882
Original post by Straight up G
I heard Suarez was going to play?

Alberto seems to be multi-talented, and capable of playing in multiple positions at a high level. Can't wait to see him develop.

:no: he's also banned for that game. https://twitter.com/FA/status/328897925272985600
Original post by mr tim
:no: he's also banned for that game. https://twitter.com/FA/status/328897925272985600

They should count as part of his ban then :lol:
Frankly, with the level united play at and them dominating sides like Bayer you would think if me make it to the CL this/next season our squad at this point in time (including Suarez) wouldn't fair too bad.
Reply 7885
Alberto scored a hat-trick in the U21's tonight, has done his chances of starting against Southampton no harm at all (although it's likely we'll go with Aspas/Sterling)
Original post by So Instinct
Frankly, with the level united play at and them dominating sides like Bayer you would think if me make it to the CL this/next season our squad at this point in time (including Suarez) wouldn't fair too bad.

Our midfield is a level below, there's not enough depth in attack and the full backs are pretty poor for a decent CL team. Johnson and Enrique would get torn a new one by Reus and Aubameyang.

I would actually piss myself if I ever saw Aubameyang against Enrique, I would cry.
Reply 7887
Whats the deal with coutinho's shoulder. Been out all day so haven't read anything on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our midfield is a level below, there's not enough depth in attack and the full backs are pretty poor for a decent CL team. Johnson and Enrique would get torn a new one by Reus and Aubameyang.

I would actually piss myself if I ever saw Aubameyang against Enrique, I would cry.

If you're comparing us against BvB then yeah no ****. I'm speaking about group stage to Quarter final level, the København, Basel and Zenit's of the world. We are for sure strong enough to stand a chance of beating those.
(edited 10 years ago)

Tbh bayer were piss poor and parked bus hard. Pretty negative tactics tbh and they were hoping for a 0-0(united attempting doing that until their offside goal tbh :rolleyes:) bar the hating I think you would easily end up in a group of death as you haven't been in europe for 2 of the past 5 years and only one of the 3 you've been in the CL. Unless the likes of atletico, napoli/inter, firmly reinstate themselves as perennial 2nd seeders and 1st seeders for the likes of juve.

Would like a bayern, inter, liverpool sociedad group of death :sogood:
If you're comparing us against BvB then yeah no ****. I'm speaking about group stage to Quarter final level, the København, Basel and Zenit's of the world. We are for sure strong enough to stand a chance of beating those.

Stronger teams than us have flopped miserably in the CL. I don't think the squad is anywhere near being a half decent CL team. If we do get top four, we'd need to upgrade both fullbacks, midfield and left wing, as well as get a Suarez replacement. The only CL standard positions we have atm are goal keeper, centre back and up front.
Reply 7891
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/145258-philippe-coutinho-injury-update

Liverpool hope Coutinho's back before the end of October. Shoulder injury. Going to have Surgery
Original post by mr tim
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/145258-philippe-coutinho-injury-update

Liverpool hope Coutinho's back before the end of October. Shoulder injury. Going to have Surgery

Looks like Coutinho will miss around 5 league games then. Guess that picks my next fantasy football transfer. His price will tank now too.

Guess we can look forward to some draws/losses now! You could see how devoid of creativity we were without Coutinho on the pitch.

Sterling to get some minutes now?
Reply 7893
Original post by Zerforax
Looks like Coutinho will miss around 5 league games then. Guess that picks my next fantasy football transfer. His price will tank now too.

Guess we can look forward to some draws/losses now! You could see how devoid of creativity we were without Coutinho on the pitch.

One more game left until our most creative player is back...?
Reply 7894
I am guessing that Alberto will play vs Southampton? did well last night with his hat-trick.
Lol, draws/losses, once we turn over Southampton, we've got the league's best player to return.

Southampton should be okay, we just have to make sure that Aspas doesn't get anywhere near the pitch. Play Alberto behind Sturridge.
Original post by Zerforax

Time for Luis Alberto to step up, he scored 3 goals last night in the U21s.
Original post by Deshi
One more game left until our most creative player is back...?

True but there was a great understanding between Coutinho and Sturridge but more importantly balance in the side. Adding Suarez makes it somewhat lopsided since he's more attacking minded on the ball (dribble rather than pass like Coutinho) than Coutinho is. We won't get as many through balls but we'll get more direct attacking.

Original post by mr tim
I am guessing that Alberto will play vs Southampton? did well last night with his hat-trick.

I'd imagine Alberto or Sterling? Think someone said tthat Sterling did well too and he'd be a more obvious replacement?

Lol, draws/losses, once we turn over Southampton, we've got the league's best player to return.

Southampton have a couple of decent strikers (Lambert and Osvaldo) and have a strong set up to defend (two protective midfielders and a half decent defence). We're at Anfield so I expect us to win but it won't be easy or a goal fest me think..

Southampton should be okay, we just have to make sure that Aspas doesn't get anywhere near the pitch. Play Alberto behind Sturridge.

We probably will go with Aspas and Moses on the flanks with Henderson being part of the midfield?

Original post by nastynas
Time for Luis Alberto to step up, he scored 3 goals last night in the U21s.
Some kid negged me for calling Suarez the best player in the league lol...
Reply 7899
Some kid negged me for calling Suarez the best player in the league lol...

Probably a Manc.

Latest