The Student Room Group

Female may be key suspect behind bombings.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rational Thinker
The point is that her gender has been an important factor in allowing her to evade arrest.

And how do you know that?
Original post by pandabird
Surely what's more odd is that she was a white daughter of a British soldier. :s

This provides at least some sort of evidence that those who argue these terror attacks are a response to British foreign policy are ignorant, many terrorists are home grown and enjoying commiting dreadful odious attacks not for political or religious motives perhaps but just because they are sadists.
And how do you know that?

I"n truth, I was deeply sceptical when news was first leaked two years ago about the White Widow’s alleged role as a terrorist with the group now causing carnage in Nairobi".

Quoted from the article. You can't deny that a Female is more inconspicious to do so would be disengenous.
Reply 23
I"n truth, I was deeply sceptical when news was first leaked two years ago about the White Widow’s alleged role as a terrorist with the group now causing carnage in Nairobi".

Quoted from the article. You can't deny that a Female is more inconspicious to do so would be disengenous.

All that says is that he was sceptical, nowhere does it provide any explanation for his scepticism, you are making assumptions.

I'd say an anti-terrorist senior will be very foolish to discount a person's involvement in terrorism on the sole basis of gender. Women have been involved in terrorism in the past, especially in the more 'behind closed doors' roles.
I highly doubt he would have gone 'oh she must be innocent surely, because she's a woman'. There would have been other reasons for his scepticism.

Or maybe they are that clueless.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Apocrypha
she looks clapped.

The school photo looks like one of Vicky Pollards entourage.

au contraire... she is the spitting image of Catherine Tate....

Tate: yeahbut.jpg

Terrorist: bovvered.jpg
All that says is that he was sceptical, nowhere does it provide any explanation for his scepticism, you are making assumptions.

I'd say an anti-terrorist senior will be very foolish to discount a person's involvement in terrorism on the sole basis of gender. Women have been involved in terrorism in the past, especially in the more 'behind closed doors' roles.
I highly doubt he would have gone 'oh she must be innocent surely, because she's a woman'. There would have been other reasons for his scepticism.

Or maybe they are that clueless.

Its might not be the stereotype you present but nonetheless it is always at the back of someones mind.
Original post by the bear
au contraire... she is the spitting image of Catherine Tate....

Tate: yeahbut.jpg

Terrorist: bovvered.jpg

I can see you working for Private Eye.
Reply 27
There is a general tendency in Africa to blame anything bad on outsiders, so I'm taking this article from the Daily Mail with a dash of salt. I think that this attack was well coordinated and clearly well planned and supported so my finger for the time being is still pointing at Al-Shabab.
Reply 28
Daily mail....
Reply 29
Original post by bellatrixb
You mean woman. Female is not a noun. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND????

(sorry- rant over. This is my pet hate. But seriously...why is this a big deal? Women can be extremists too...)

Wiktionary says otherwise:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/female

Edit: Negged by "bellatrixb" for correcting her mistake. :redface: The sanctimony is strong in this one.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ashnard
Wiktionary says otherwise:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/female

Edit: Negged by "bellatrixb" for correcting her mistake. :redface: The sanctimony is strong in this one.

Well played.
Reply 31
I can see you working for Private Eye.

'twas not me who negged u... i ran out of positive negs
Original post by the bear
'twas not me who negged u... i ran out of positive negs

Good because it was meant to be a compliment.
Reply 33
Hopefully she will be identified along with the dead
Original post by bellatrixb
You mean woman. Female is not a noun. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND????

(sorry- rant over. This is my pet hate. But seriously...why is this a big deal? Women can be extremists too...)

"Female" can be a noun or an adjective.

/rant failed

Posted from TSR Mobile
This provides at least some sort of evidence that those who argue these terror attacks are a response to British foreign policy are ignorant, many terrorists are home grown and enjoying commiting dreadful odious attacks not for political or religious motives perhaps but just because they are sadists.

Um how does this eliminate the fact that a lot of terror attacks are a response to British and American foreign policy, plus their historic to present days evil doings in the political scene of the world?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannah60000
Um how does this eliminate the fact that a lot of terror attacks are a response to British and American foreign policy, plus their historic to present days evil doings in the political scene of the world?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the terrorists are home grown, have relatively comfortable lives and so are doing it for reasons of sadism, "The White Widow", is an example of this, other examples include Osama Bin Laden himself who was from a rich Saudi Arabian oil dynasty. So its a farce to see this sadists as some type of freedom fighters, they are doing it for their own sadistic enjoyment.
I say throw The White Widow and her other odious companions to the relatives and survivors of the bomb attack and time how quickly it takes for the terrorists to be ripped apart, perhaps two minutes or so. This then sends a strong deterrant to terrorists.
Damn she ugly.
Reply 39
What's your point in emphasising her gender?

well, what he should have done is emphasise everything, because the story of this woman is quite serious- A white underachieving female , who was groomed and converted online as a teenager by Jermaine Lyndsey before marrying, himself a recruiter of british muslims for terrorism plots, who became infamous for being one of the 7/7 bombers who blew himself up in stockwell. After his suicide, she fled Britain to east Africa and its said she has been highly involved with recruiting of foreigners for Islamic terrorist plots too. She had been on the radar of most intelligence agencies for sometime see this story a while back re kenya - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/9355733/77-widow-Samantha-Lewthwaite-suspected-in-Kenya-attack.html I doubt she is a 'Mastermind' but she is clearly a useful tool fr silamists in Somalia/yemen/Kenya triangle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending