The Student Room Group

Current Year 13 Hopeful Medics - Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by t()m
Leicester Sheffield St. Andrews and Cardiff. So glad half term is here just nice to relax and has given me time to read all my pre interview books, very optimistic :tongue:

I've just finished my half term :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
I think 57+ will be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sure hope so :smile: worst case scenario, my PS is read, and that's not too bad at all.

Done it :smile: hopefully the others know where to come
Reply 22
I've just finished my half term :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you go to a private school? And last week I was coming home and just wanting to sleep. Done anything productive with it?
Reply 23
Original post by t()m
Do you go to a private school? And last week I was coming home and just wanting to sleep. Done anything productive with it?

I go to a grammar school, same half term as the other schools in the area. I think it varies between counties.

I did a lot of BMAT prep earlier in the week but then unfortunately had of attend a funeral in Cornwall :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by mynameisntbobk
[SCROLL]CURRENT YEAR 13 - MARK II :biggrin:[/SCROLL]

Well we've managed 10,000 posts in our first thread (bit crazy I think) so there's no reason as to why we can't do it again.

We've all officially applied so best of luck to all year 13s and all other medicine applicants.

To make following our applications a bit easier to follow, and if you would like your choices in the list below, please quote me and I can add it for you.
You probably would want to tell me the medical schools you've applied to, and quote me if your application status has changed. Interviews will be blue, offers will be green, and rejections will be red (fingers crossed there won't be a lot of reds)

Applicants

Nottingham, Leicester, Birmingham and Southampton :smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I sure hope so :smile: worst case scenario, my PS is read, and that's not too bad at all.

Done it :smile: hopefully the others know where to come

Looks really good :smile: they'll figure it out haha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LibbyG
Nottingham, Leicester, Birmingham and Southampton :smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Added :smile: great choices btw :smile:
Looks really good :smile: they'll figure it out haha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: they should

Well we've managed 10,000 posts in our first thread (bit crazy I think) so there's no reason as to why we can't do it again.

We've all officially applied so best of luck to all year 13s and all other medicine applicants.

To make following our applications a bit easier to follow, and if you would like your choices in the list below, please quote me and I can add it for you.
You probably would want to tell me the medical schools you've applied to, and quote me if your application status has changed. Interviews will be blue, offers will be green, and rejections will be red (fingers crossed there won't be a lot of reds)

Applicants

Kings, Cardiff, Newcastle and Nottingham.

So nice to be able to sit back and relax while my non-medic friends panic about their personal statements :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I go to a grammar school, same half term as the other schools in the area. I think it varies between counties.

I did a lot of BMAT prep earlier in the week but then unfortunately had of attend a funeral in Cornwall :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right well lucky you :tongue:

Good luck with the bmat when's the exam? And oh sorry to hear that :/
Reply 29
Original post by Flobie

So nice to be able to sit back and relax while my non-medic friends panic about their personal statements :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooop Cardiff !
Reply 30
Original post by t()m
Oh right well lucky you :tongue:

Good luck with the bmat when's the exam? And oh sorry to hear that :/

November 6th :s-smilie: the day before my 18th haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flobie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Added :smile:

That's pretty much the only pro of the early deadline. We've still got that deadly wait :wink:
Reply 32

Applicants

Hi, I wasn't very active on the last thread although I did ask a few questions (some of which you answered!) but I'd like to become more involved with Mark II!

I've applied to King's, Leicester, Nottingham and Sheffield if you could add me to the list!
Reply 33
Original post by TomT95
Hi, I wasn't very active on the last thread although I did ask a few questions (some of which you answered!) but I'd like to become more involved with Mark II!

I've applied to King's, Leicester, Nottingham and Sheffield if you could add me to the list!

Hi :smile: welcome to the crew :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by t()m
Wooop Cardiff !

it was originally my 4th choice, but I went to the open day on Friday and kinda fell in love with it :smile: I spoke to the dean of medicine too! Terrifying moment, he asked me a few interview style questions..

Added :smile:

That's pretty much the only pro of the early deadline. We've still got that deadly wait :wink:

oh god yeah, I've heard people haven't heard anything from kings after interview until May, days before the deadline for choosing firm/insurance etc :/
Original post by TomT95

Added :smile: I do remember your username, so that's a good sign :tongue: you're always welcome to join us
Original post by Flobie

oh god yeah, I've heard people haven't heard anything from kings after interview until May, days before the deadline for choosing firm/insurance etc :/

Oh god that must be awful. Hope do they manage to stay sane?
Reply 36
I wonder what will have happened by the end of this thread....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applicants

Newcastle, Cardiff, Exeter and Brighton & Sussex :smile:

Fingers crossed for everyone!

Applicants

Imperial, Kings, Barts, Nottingham :biggrin:
Kind of stalking( as mynameisnoob knows) I am a AS student.
Just seeing you guys have 57+ lol, I already have fell before that with my bad gcses(2/3rd A, rest B and no A*), seems like I got big competition and at places like Keele it was 2000 for 120 or so spaces? Wow lol, I better do good :P
Any advice for me, or any general comments?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending