The Student Room Group

Boots Summer Placement 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cndy0214
same thing happened here, i can't log in mine too >< I'm first year pharmacy student, anyone knows the date of the summer placement program start ? THANKSSSS A LOTTTT !!

Depends on where your placement is.

For England, Scotland and Wales it's either 23rd June or 7th July.

For Northern Ireland it's 23rd June.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I managed to get logged in ok, and I can see my letter, but It says to click at the top or bottom button to sign and submit, but when I do this nothing happens - anyone else had this?
So my placement is in the arse end of nowhere, about 6 hours away from where I live. Not sure if I should accept :s-smilie:
Where is it?
Original post by MoonlightDolphin
Where is it?

In Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland :frown:
Apparently we have to provide them with 5 years of reference and I do not know how to give them that. I recently started working in a community pharmacy but that is about it and the uni reference will only be for 1.5 years. Also, no idea as to who I should ask to give me a character reference?

I am in a bit of a dilemma. :frown:

Gonna hopefully ring them soon.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by charlotte.rigden
Hey, I managed to get logged in ok, and I can see my letter, but It says to click at the top or bottom button to sign and submit, but when I do this nothing happens - anyone else had this?

Hey, I wasn't too sure about that either :confused:
Original post by thegodofgod
So my placement is in the arse end of nowhere, about 6 hours away from where I live. Not sure if I should accept :s-smilie:

Mine in is Wales and I live in Northern Ireland. I looked up the address and street viewed it and the area doesn't even look like its worth going to...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chukkeigh
Apparently we have to provide them with 5 years of reference and I do not know how to give them that. I recently started working in a community pharmacy but that is about it and the uni reference will only be for 1.5 years. Also, no idea as to who I should ask to give me a character reference?

I am in a bit of a dilemma. :frown:

Gonna hopefully ring them soon.

It sounds as if the pharmacy is your first job? So according to the email you can't get a reference from them which is stupid but from what I can understand from the email I'd assume you could get a reference from the school/sixth form you went to before uni? Maybe a character reference from a family friend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you LaydurrDude. I will have to figure that out since I do not have a family friend to give me a character reference. I think I will speak with the Boots advisor at my uni.

Do we have to press a "finish" button at all in out Boots online application? Or if you have filled in all the relevant sections you have completed your form?

Also, why is the Pharmsoc so dead here on TSR.
(edited 10 years ago)
Cz most have been unsuccessful unfortunately :frown:
Is the summer vacation placement at Boots paid or not ? :s-smilie:
1st and 2nd year placement is voluntary, 3rd year is a paid placement :smile:
Reply 33
hi everyone, has anyone got a figure different to £1415.63???

my friend has got this amount on his offer letter but i am being paid far less.
----
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
I got accepted as well. But the location. Why does it have to be so far :'( Don't know what to do and I don't even have that long to decide.. they should ideally give us longer!
Hi not 100% sure in relation to placements, but I know normally pay rate is related to location - different stores have different bands of pay. Are you working in stores close together?
Reply 37
Original post by charlotte.rigden
Hi not 100% sure in relation to placements, but I know normally pay rate is related to location - different stores have different bands of pay. Are you working in stores close together?

First and second years don't get payed unfortunately :frown:
Yes I know being first year too:smile: but I'm assuming nikkim876 must be third year if they have a salary in their letter?
For those of you not in 3rd year, are you planning on applying to other places as well? Because co-op and Lloyds offer 4 and 6 week placements whereas Boots is only 2 weeks, but the dates collide and they won't be replying any time soon so we have to accept the Boots offer asap. >_< Co-op says if you want to apply for 3rd year placement and pre-reg, you need to have had a minimum of 4 weeks of experience!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending