The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Out of interest how many people have offers for Psychology? I applied in October but still haven't heard anything :frown:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by SophieGloria
I'm sure they will reply soon! Don't worry, it'll be fine. If you're good enough to be pooled by Cambridge, then I doubt UCL would reject you. :smile:

I've already finished my A Levels, so I don't have any predicted grades. I achieved A*A*AA.

Wow! no wonder you got an unconditional! :biggrin:
Reply 2442
How come UCL takes so much time to answer? Most of us applied before december and we still havent heard anything...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gleestuck
Got an offer for english :smile:

Congratulations! Are you planning to firm :smile:

Can I also just ask when you applied? I've been waiting since 30th October and haven't heard anything yet
Reply 2444
I got an offer today!
It's for Modern Languages Plus+ so for me that's French and Philosophy :smile: Offer: AAA plus another AS or pass at EPQ

I applied the 8th October so it has taken a while, hold tight everyone I'm sure the offers are on their way aha :smile:

All decisions have been made now...now it's my turn to make the decisions aaaaaah

Best of luck everyone :smile:
Reply 2445
Original post by KazM
Has anyone applied for the Language and Culture BA/languages? Anyone heard anything?

Hi :smile:
I don't know if this is of any use to you...but I received my offer late today for Modern Languages plus+

So I doubt you'll be waiting much longer to hear :smile:
HAs anyone heard anything back from Natural Sciences or Medical Physics?? I applied before the Oct 15 deadline and I've already heard back from Cambridge but still haven't heard anything back from Imperial or UCL...
Original post by KazM
Has anyone applied for the Language and Culture BA/languages? Anyone heard anything?

Heya, I got an offer in late November for Language and Culture (Spanish and Arabic). What about you? What language combination have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by BlossomS
Oh wow! That sounds great! :biggrin: Major and minor? :confused: Where are you from? :smile:

Haha, I'm actually from the UK but the Language and Culture BA is pretty novel in that you pick two languages which make up 70% and 30% of your course respectively. They used the terms major and minor in the prospectus, so I just went with it! :smile: What about you? Where are you from?
Reply 2449
i can not bear this waaait anymore.. applied back in october, i can't even concentrate on anything else, not till I hear back from them. hopefully this 5 days will go fast.
Reply 2450
Original post by gleestuck
Got an offer for english :smile:

congrats!! did you do an interview or just get an offer? also how long did it take for you to hear back?
Does anyone have an offer for classics / ancient world studies?
Reply 2452
Aaaah well done guys! I applied in December for German (major) and Arabic (minor) but not heard anything yet :'(
Reply 2453
Does it take longer for UCL to give an offer if you applied for a masters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2454
Original post by ChristianBenson
Hi :smile: Hoping to firm UCL for Philosophy & Economics. Is anyone else hoping to study this course at UCL?

I am! but haven't heard anything back from them yet since october
Reply 2455
Has anyone applied for physics or as I have for theoretical physics. I applied late november time for the theoretical physics course with A*A*A (Maths, Physics, Further Maths) predictions and am wondering if i should still be waiting or should I be worried. I already got a few interview offers from some universities but not from UCL, my preferance.
Reply 2456
Original post by llandresgonzalez
HAs anyone heard anything back from Natural Sciences or Medical Physics?? I applied before the Oct 15 deadline and I've already heard back from Cambridge but still haven't heard anything back from Imperial or UCL...

I actually just recieved a letter today from UCL for an Open Day on Thursday 6th February for BSc Natural Sciences.
Original post by GMT
How come UCL takes so much time to answer? Most of us applied before december and we still havent heard anything...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SB77
I am! but haven't heard anything back from them yet since october

I still haven't heard back from these lazy ucl administrator pricks, if they are going to accept or reject at least tell me instead of making me wait and suffer. :lol:

^A feeling echoched by all students but aren't vocal enough to say it :wink: ^
Original post by ernstleanflowers
TO ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN TO AN OPEN DAY:

Hi! congrats for being invited in the first place! could you please answer the following to gain an insight into how the day went.
:bl:

How did it go? - general feeling

Did you bring a guest? Is this crucial?

Did you get an offer (then or at a later date) or rejected?

What does it actually consist of? - thank you so much for taking the time to read/respond to this!

y'all are so cool :afro:

Hi, I went to an open day for Econ & Stats. We registered, had lunch, walked around with a student from the department, had a taster lecture, and were able to ask questions at the end.
It was very casual and relaxed, best part was that it was held on a day that students were protesting something (i think this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/student-life/10511957/Student-protests-a-day-of-action-in-London.html), so we got to see that.

I think a small number of people brought a friend, and even fewer brought their parents.

The tutor at the end said that it was highly likely that we would get an offer, I think he had to confirm with another admissions tutor, and in the past the other admissions tutor had never disagreed with him, so chances are good.

This probably varies quite a bit depending on the department you're applying to, but good luck anyway.
Reply 2459

Hey same situation here! Did you get Cambridge? I didn't :frown:
I applied for physics at UCL and imperial and they haven't replied anything! so yeah we're in the same boat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending