The Student Room Group

Greatest English midfielder of the modern Era?

As the title says..... People will laugh at this, but for me it's Gerrad. If Liverpool win the title, it'll be because of his. I feel he's massively underrated for what he's done over the years. As a Utd fan, I say that with a bitter pill as many of you will probably say Scholes...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Steven Gerrard
Reply 2
lampard
Reply 3
Hahahahahahahaha are we honestly doing this for the 100th time.

Not in the mood to argue with Chelsea and United fans

inb4 some United fan starts posting quotes about Scholes :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Deshi
Hahahahahahahaha are we honestly doing this for the 100th time.

Not in the mood to argue with Chelsea and United fans

You say Gerrard, I assume. I say Bryan Robson.

Let's GO!

I'm assuming Robson is still "modern era" even if the vast majority of his career was pre-PL....wasn't exactly pre-historic times.
Reply 5
Hoddle or Scholes
Reply 6
Gerrard.
Reply 7
Lampard.

Shocker :awesome:
Reply 8
lol, it's Gerrard. Gerrard has Robson, Hoddle, Scholes, Lampard, all of them beat.

The second he lifts that PL trophy, it's a done deal.
I think Scholes was a better player technically, but Gerrard's motivational and leadership skills make him a more complete and influential player overall.

Lampard is a perfect example of statistics not being reliable. More goals than Gerrard or Scholes, but nowhere near as good.
Lampard isn't "nowhere near as good"
Reply 11
If gerrard was really the greatest he'd have led Liverpool to a Title victory before now.

Deffo scholes
Inb4 Cleverley
Lampard
Reply 14
Why people say Lampard completely baffles me. Def didn't even cross my mind.
Gerrard! :love:
Every United fan will say Scholes, every Liverpool fan will say Gerrard, every Chelsea fan will say Lampard.

We've had this debate on here so many times, cba doing it again. You can make a case for any of them.
Reply 17
Original post by sr90
Every United fan will say Scholes, every Liverpool fan will say Gerrard, every Chelsea fan will say Lampard.

I said Robson :frown: He could actually tackle.
Luke Murphy. He scored two against Blackpool on Saturday, you know.
We've never had this thread before. The correct answer is Paul Scholes however.

Quick Reply

Latest