The Student Room Group

Anyone else applied for History MA at UCL?

Applied for History MA at UCL, still waiting for a response. Has anyone else on here applied, and how long did it take to receive a response? And if so what were your offer conditions?
Hi!
I haven't gone for UCL but I have applied for King's College. Don't know if it's similar but King's College took over a month to get back to my application. King's College is after a 2:1
Reply 2
Original post by squirrelmonkey12
Hi!
I haven't gone for UCL but I have applied for King's College. Don't know if it's similar but King's College took over a month to get back to my application. King's College is after a 2:1

From my understanding UCL takes forever to respond to applications. I've heard some people waited 16 weeks last year. Bristol gave me an offer one week after applying, and Manchester gave me one only 24 hours after submitting my application, and neither charged an application fee. So they seem to be all over the place with response times. Just over a month to hear back from KCL does not sound too bad though.

I see the King's applications are still open, I was thinking of applying.
Original post by Alexty28
From my understanding UCL takes forever to respond to applications. I've heard some people waited 16 weeks last year. Bristol gave me an offer one week after applying, and Manchester gave me one only 24 hours after submitting my application, and neither charged an application fee. So they seem to be all over the place with response times. Just over a month to hear back from KCL does not sound too bad though.

I see the King's applications are still open, I was thinking of applying.

Yeah, I had that too. Applied to York and they got back really quickly! Wow, 16 weeks for UCL though? That's bad!

What era of history are you interested in btw? I want to do early modern :-)
Reply 4
Yeah, I had that too. Applied to York and they got back really quickly! Wow, 16 weeks for UCL though? That's bad!

What era of history are you interested in btw? I want to do early modern :-)

I am a Modern History guy myself, in the process of doing my KCL application now since the course is not full.
Original post by Alexty28
I am a Modern History guy myself, in the process of doing my KCL application now since the course is not full.

Cool! Good luck!
Reply 6
Cool! Good luck!

Thanks. I ended up applying to Politics and Contemporary History, as the module selection was more suited to my taste. Even though the first deadline ended there are still spaces, so I hope the course does not fill up before I get response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending