The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good possession. Awful shots. Getting raped on the counter.

That's what we have learnt.
Original post by Some random guy
Can't blame poor Moyes for your failures now, United are just a crap club with a crap team, get used to mid table mediocrity losers, in future you'll be begging to get into europa league.

:rofl2:
Original post by sr90
Would it make that much of a difference if no Manchester United players were selected? I don't think it would.

not a great deal, probably Rooney is useful even if people no longer see him as top class. Jones too.

I'm just waiting for Wilshere to be dropped for Cleverley, Carrick or 'dat guy' Welbeck though :colonhash:
If we lose then at least it will cement Giggs not getting the job. Also it will shut up those annoying people calling Giggs to be our manager.

Lol, should be 3-0 Sunderland now.
One positive to come out of today is that Fulham are finally relegated.
Cleverley was criticised when he wasn't even playing badly in some matches. He was the fall guy for some reason. Our gameplan and attack was failing, but he got the blame. I'm a big fan of Carrick, but it's true that he hasn't really been pulled up on some pretty average performances. I give Fletcher a pass.
I think I'll scapegoat Carrick and Fletcher today.

A United midfield with Carrick and Fletcher is pointless when their roles are to break up play and feed the ball to the wings. Besides their positioning, they're both poor defensively. You need a Keane, Butt, 2009 Fletcher, Jonesy for the role really.
Original post by Zürich
not a great deal, probably Rooney is useful even if people no longer see him as top class. Jones too.

I'm just waiting for Wilshere to be dropped for Cleverley, Carrick or 'dat guy' Welbeck though :colonhash:

Whilshere is one England's poster boys. No chance he gets dropped for either. Welbeck deserves to go. He's done well for England.
Tell you what..any change from £200 million and well struggle next season.

Get rid of the deadwood to ****..sick of mediocre players.

I swear I hope Van Gaal comes in and the likes of Young, Nani, Cleverley, Ferdinand never get another game. Not ****ing good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StretfordEnd
I don't agree. I went to Amsterdam and Bilbao and despite the competition and and result (against Bilbao particularly) they were two of the most enjoyable European trips I've had.

I'll tell you what I think is beneath us - fans who actually want to see United not achieve what they physically could achieve. I honestly don't understand the outlook.

I'm glad you had a few good days out.

Let me share my outlook;

If we do qualify for the Europa League, then I don't want us playing our strongest XI. If someone said that the next manager will only play deadwood/youngsters in the Europa, then I'd want to be in it. It would give them a chance to improve against fairly good opposition.

Our main priority is qualifying for the Champions League and competing for the title. I don't want a SF against Benfica ruining that. Liverpool have benefited greatly (in terms of league position) from not having European fixtures.

As for why I say the Europa is 'below us'. If we win it with our deadwood/youngsters, that's an achievement. But if we win it with RVP, Rooney, Mata, Kagawa etc, it will be nothing short of what was expected. It's no great achievement. Just a distraction if we play our strongest XI.

Summary:

- If we plan on playing our strongest XI, then it's an unnecessary distraction.
- If we plan on playing youngsters/deadwood, I'm all for it.
Original post by qasidb
If we lose then at least it will cement Giggs not getting the job. Also it will shut up those annoying people calling Giggs to be our manager.

Lol, should be 3-0 Sunderland now.

Should be all over. This is the problem with amateurs like Moyes and Giggs. You know tactically you can come to OT and beat them. Where as against Van Gaal or Guardiola, it's much tougher.

Three new midfielders required in Summer. Thought we'd win by three or four today.

#GiggsOut
De gea x3 poor clearances. One led to a goal and another should've led to a goal
We talk about a lot how Rooney's positioning has gone to pot, he's no pace anymore and can't take players on; not to mention his poor passing and his erratic shooting.

But he's contributed 27 goals in 29 premier league games this season. He's one of the only people in the division who has popped up at crucial moments for nearly a decade now.

I've said it before, I'll say it again now. If we can replace Rooney with someone who we are confident can step in, that's fine. If we're advocating getting rid of him because he's never quite fulfilled his potential, isn't as good as he used to be or because of his questionable loyalty and off the field actions...Well, that's height of stupidity.

We're not really in a position to just jettison players out of ideology or principle. You can afford to do that if you're, say, the European Champions; but not in our current state.

He has a lot of off games but even then he can be relied upon probably 2/3 of the time to turn up with something.
Has their keeper even made a save? Can't remember him doing anything all match.

So many have left early.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 415
Well deserved if they win. Poyet is a kingslayer.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I think I'll scapegoat Carrick and Fletcher today.

A United midfield with Carrick and Fletcher is pointless when their roles are to break up play and feed the ball to the wings. Besides their positioning, they're both poor defensively. You need a Keane, Butt, 2009 Fletcher, Jonesy for the role really.

I'll join you, they have been poor today and have not provided anything. They hardly never press forward or put pressure on the opponents. They have not delivered.
Original post by hayles101
Tell you what..any change from £200 million and well struggle next season.

Get rid of the deadwood to ****..sick of mediocre players.

I swear I hope Van Gaal comes in and the likes of Young, Nani, Cleverley, Ferdinand never get another game. Not ****ing good enough.

That's more like it Hayles. Couldn't agree more. I'm sick of amateur hour, which is what it is at United. What has happened to this club. Alex papered over the cracks for years. 7 or 8 need to leave. Stop buying players like Bebe and Hernandez, and be like City with world class players like Yaya and Aguero arriving. Reus for 45M good deal.

Giggs has no balls for management. He's as soft as a sea otters pelt. I want someone going in that dressing room saying my way or the high way. Ferdinand, you've been a good servant, now **** off. Cleverley, Doncaster Rovers want to offer you a two year contract. Hernandez, I'm sending you on loan to Birmingham City.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 418
Original post by NathanW18
Has their keeper even made a save? Can't remember him doing anything all match.

So many have left early.

One from Mata I think.

Latest