The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

De Gea wins both POTY awards. Well deserved too!
(edited 9 years ago)
We need to tie De Gea down to a long term contract ASAP. I'm really worried that one of the Spanish big two will pinch him in the not too distant future, we have no idea how ter Stegen will do at Barca and Casillas doesn't have much longer left in him. 6 years should do it, like Arsenal did when they realised Fabregas was world class.
Our club's a bit special, isn't it.
Original post by sr90
We need to tie De Gea down to a long term contract ASAP. I'm really worried that one of the Spanish big two will pinch him in the not too distant future, we have no idea how ter Stegen will do at Barca and Casillas doesn't have much longer left in him. 6 years should do it, like Arsenal did when they realised Fabregas was world class.

For some reason, I just feel De Gea will stay for a very long time and end up becoming a legend at our club. Wouldn't even surprise me if he became our captain in a few years time.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
For some reason, I just feel De Gea will stay for a very long time and end up becoming a legend at our club. Wouldn't even surprise me if he became our captain in a few years time.

Only if we get back to the top quick. 2 more seasons of no CL and he could easily be gone
Original post by sr90

If Barca really wanted him and he wanted to go they'd probably just do what they did with fabregas and tap him up lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onN4AxazXo
dat was one emotional moment. i doubt he'd force a move away anyway, more mature than fabby was.
It only took 28 years but the clubs fans have finally chosen a goalkeeper as our player of the year, and fully deserved. I'm glad he picked up both awards, I shudder to think where we might be without him.

Loved the Ryan Giggs tributes and the lifetime achievement award, again well deserved. Was amazing watching all the people pay tribute to him. Just seeing Giggs on and the likes of Cantona, Beckham, Scholes and Ronaldo talk about him ... so special. Especially Nemanja Vidic being honoured tonight also. Its amazing that I've already seen a handful of players I could describe as once in a lifetime, it's been such a pleasure to watch them all. Evra's interview was phenomenal too. There's something about United at its best which is just unbelievably wonderful beyond words.
Original post by sr90

As for Young's ''girlfriend''... what the **** is that?

she used to be a lot skinnier
Anyone seen the new shirt design for next year? Looks atrocious. I hope that's really not it.

Edit: some more images here: http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/05/manchester-united-14-15-kits.html

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by little_tom

Yeah, I think I saw a picture of her a couple of years ago where she was skinner.
Reply 1050
Original post by sr90
As for Young's ''girlfriend''... what the **** is that?

BnJONBoCMAAQNf5.jpg
lol
Reply 1051
Original post by little_tom

She's ugly as **** even if she was skinny lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think after everything we've seen in the past couple of days, particularly tonight, we're going to see Giggs retiring. He should have done it about 5 years ago in all honesty but still, it's going to be incredibly sad when it happens. The montage was absolutely incredible.
Original post by sr90
I think after everything we've seen in the past couple of days, particularly tonight, we're going to see Giggs retiring. He should have done it about 5 years ago in all honesty but still, it's going to be incredibly sad when it happens. The montage was absolutely incredible.

It certainly feels like the last few weeks has been winding down towards the end of him as a player. Especially when he came on against Hull the other night, he got the same kind of reaction Vidic did, as if we all thought it'd be the last time we could do it for him.
Young's GF. What the hell? Can't believe he even left the house with her wearing (well, not wearing) what she was.

Good to hear that De Gea won both awards. Thought he would, though. Need to get him tied down as soon as possible. Can't afford to lose him. One of the few top quality players we have.

Original post by Kenan and Kel

That was great. Some really nice messages in there.
(edited 9 years ago)
A few comments from Eboracum.

David De Gea has served with great distinction this year. He struggled in his first year, but despite our troubles, he's been an outstanding performer for me. A really great guy. Gorgeous misses as well.

Wayne's goal at West Ham was sublime. I remember when I was 7 years old watching Beckham do it. Deserved the award.

A few comments on the women (forgive me Feminists, I'm a red blooded male). Cleverley' misses is a dream, he doesn't deserve her, not if his recent performances are anything to go by. Hopefully he'll be back in the Championship next year, she won't find it so glamorous there.

Ashley's Young's misses...I just don't find her attractive to be honest. Fletcher's misses - great pins. I think RVP's misses is the best, she's really cute and very attractive. Not a fan of Wazza's misses if I'm honest.

Louis Van Gaal, when are you arriving.
OK boys and girls,

Would you be happy with 4th place next season?
Original post by sr90

In all honesty, giggs could continue playing for the next 5 years.
Original post by LostGear
OK boys and girls,

Would you be happy with 4th place next season?

I all honestly, I probably would be (how the tides have changed!) - content is the word I'd use, though. Expect Chelsea to strengthen most over the Summer and win the league fairly comfortably next season. City will still be up there. If Arsenal buy a proper striker and don't suffer so many injuries, they'll be a force to be reckoned with too. Liverpool have had a great season. De Boer could work magic at Spurs. Who knows. Next season is the time to get back to where we always are - somewhere near the top. Then we can push on from there.

Sir Bobby Charlton promised that United will be the number one team in Manchester next season. I remember last Summer (I think during the trophy parade), Rio promising that he won't be letting go of the Premier League and telling us not to worry. You let me down Rio. Hopefully Sir Bobby's word carries more weight!

Latest