The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also Van Gaal is a nationalist. You can see how he's going to mistreat Rooney because he's not dutch this season. If Robin Van Persie was called Robert Pearson do you think he'll be getting the captaincy?
Original post by Zürich
Got a bit on an obsession...:rolleyes:

It seems that you can't take it when people use the same logic as you but aren't as faulty in their logic I guess?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Also Van Gaal is a nationalist. You can see how he's going to mistreat Rooney because he's not dutch this season. If Robin Van Persie was called Robert Pearson do you think he'll be getting the captaincy?

It seems that you can't take it when people use the same logic as you but aren't as faulty in their logic I guess?

Maybe we wont sign a LB because we have Buttner?

Maybe he will persuade RVN, VDS and Jaap Stam to come out of retirement?
Original post by jam278

No idea what you're trying to say, and less interest.
Original post by Dirtybit
#WoodwardOut

We're just turning into a joke club unfortunately. Van Gaal and Ed are a recipe for disaster. Woodward's background is banking...how on earth does that give you the qualities to run a football club.

It's just pathetic. I fully expected Kroos and Shaw holding up the shirts before the world cup, deals in prnciple for Vidal, Reus, Hummels after. We're a bigger club than Chelsea, if they can get Costa and Fabregas why can't we get those players.

I just can't bare another season like the last. Van Gaal has to win a trophy this season or he's out. I know people already calling for his sacking, he's done NOTHING for United so far.

I'd sooner sign up for Chelsea membership than see us decline like Liverpool.
Original post by Eboracum
We're just turning into a joke club unfortunately. Van Gaal and Ed are a recipe for disaster. Woodward's background is banking...how on earth does that give you the qualities to run a football club.

It's just pathetic. I fully expected Kroos and Shaw holding up the shirts before the world cup, deals in prnciple for Vidal, Reus, Hummels after. We're a bigger club than Chelsea, if they can get Costa and Fabregas why can't we get those players.

I just can't bare another season like the last. Van Gaal has to win a trophy this season or he's out. I know people already calling for his sacking, he's done NOTHING for United so far.

I'd sooner sign up for Chelsea membership than see us decline like Liverpool.

Classic Ebo
^ :yawn:
Series levels of autism in this thread
Original post by DaveSmith99
Series levels of autism in this thread

Autism?

I'd call it a brain lesion...
I miss Moyes and his classic soundbites: "we aspire to play like City", "I would have taken a draw before the game", and "Van Persie decides when he plays" among others. His antics made last season memorable.
Original post by little_tom
I miss Moyes and his classic soundbites: "we aspire to play like City", "I would have taken a draw before the game", and "Van Persie decides when he plays" among others. His antics made last season memorable.

He really said that? I missed that one... oh dear.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by manchesterunited15
He really said that? I missed that one... oh dear.

Try to read it in his voice for added effect:

Spoiler

edit: the RVP one wasn't the exact quote, its from this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10610945/Robin-van-Persie-decides-when-he-is-fit-for-Manchester-United-duty.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Try to read it in his voice for added effect:

Spoiler

edit: the RVP one wasn't the exact quote, its from this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10610945/Robin-van-Persie-decides-when-he-is-fit-for-Manchester-United-duty.html

:lol:

It was like a bad dream
Moyes is such a joker:

"I got my first real taste of the Champions League this year," Moyes told the Guardian.
"I thought I showed I can manage at that level as well."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27730769
Original post by mikeyd85
Moyes is such a joker:

"I got my first real taste of the Champions League this year," Moyes told the Guardian.

I was just about to drop that link, Moyes wants to take over a club thats in champions league after destroying our club? I think his plan is to destroy all top clubs... Nobody will hire him though LOL!
Original post by Dirtybit
I was just about to drop that link, Moyes wants to take over a club thats in champions league after destroying our club? I think his plan is to destroy all top clubs... Nobody will hire him though LOL!

He's delusional. I can't believe he's turned down other jobs. I can't believe he thinks that he just needed more time at OT.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Don't forget this one:

''obviously they are coming to Old Trafford and we are going to make it as hard for them as we possibly can''

This wasn't before we played Manchester City, Bayern Munich or Chelsea. This was before we played a Newcastle team who had narrowly avoided relegation the previous season. The man was completely devoid of any confidence, when Giggs came out and said ''we expect to win, we are Manchester United playing at home'' that said everything really.

Original post by mikeyd85
Moyes is such a joker:

To be fair on him, apart from Olympiacos away he did fine in the Champions League.

I think he should go for the Celtic job, personally. It's impossible for him to fail, he'll already have won the league title before a ball has been kicked and will have a good chance to add more trophies, as well as getting to compete in the Champions League. He won't get a better opportunity to rebuild his reputation and maybe install some confidence/a winning mentality.
No decent team is going to give him a job. Maybe a lesser club in the CL, but he'll be looking outside of England.
Original post by NathanW18
No decent team is going to give him a job. Maybe a lesser club in the CL, but he'll be looking outside of England.

I think he'd have had a good chance of getting a job like Newcastle or Aston Villa if they'd been available. Despite his poor year a lot of clubs would still realise he'd be a good appointment for them due to his spell at Everton.

Celtic would've been a wise move for him, but that ones out the window now. The only problem for him there though would've been if he didn't get them into the CL group stages. He'd have walked the league no doubt, but he'd have had a lot of pressure on him if he didn't get them through the qualifiers. Doesn't matter now though since he isn't going there.
Original post by JPBScotland
I think he'd have had a good chance of getting a job like Newcastle or Aston Villa if they'd been available. Despite his poor year a lot of clubs would still realise he'd be a good appointment for them due to his spell at Everton.

Celtic would've been a wise move for him, but that ones out the window now. The only problem for him there though would've been if he didn't get them into the CL group stages. He'd have walked the league no doubt, but he'd have had a lot of pressure on him if he didn't get them through the qualifiers. Doesn't matter now though since he isn't going there.

I agree with that. I meant clubs that are looking to win titles each year. I don't think he'll get another job at one of those clubs. I think the most he could expect in the Premiership is another upper mid-table club. He did keep Everton pretty stable.
Came in to see if there was any ridiculous comedy gold on this thread. This thread always fails to disappoint.

This is turning into the Arsenal thread, maybe it's the new influx of kids.

But it's weird, most people on this thread are uni students. I can excuse the Arsenal thread as they have a lot of people in their 2nd year of 6th form but this place is a ****ing joke. Bar FKLW(who is a good lad) and MU15 who's a good lad most the people here are uni students. It's ****ing ridiculous the way this thread turned to **** because of a bad season.

This thread is full of self entitled pricks/trolls. The good posters know who they are tbf. I respect Nathan because he was the only guy who was actually worried about last season before anybody else, this was while you had just won the title and he was worried about the team and he got it spot on.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest