The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths grade boundary predictions

Hey everyone,

What do you all reckon the grade boundaries will be this year?, I'm thinking lower than last year for sure, that non-calc really screwed most people over. (Not so much on TSR but TSR doesn't really represent the nation as a whole)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Bazbaz
Hey everyone,

What do you all reckon the grade boundaries will be this year?, I'm thinking lower than last year for sure, that non-calc really screwed most people over. (Not so much on TSR but TSR doesn't really represent the nation as a whole)

I'm thinking something along these lines:
A*160-165
A 130
B 95
C 55
Reply 2
168 - 170 A*
133 - 135 A
Not sure about the rest
Reply 3
Original post by BBeyond
168 - 170 A*
133 - 135 A
Not sure about the rest

It was 131 for an A last year and that paper was easier than this years' imo.
Reply 4
Original post by Bazbaz
It was 131 for an A last year and that paper was easier than this years' imo.

i disagree
Reply 5
Original post by Dugan2206
I'm thinking something along these lines:
A*160-165
A 130
B 95
C 55

That seems reasonable, although I'm thinking the A might be slightly lower...
Reply 6
Original post by BBeyond
i disagree

That would put you in the minority out of what I've seen.
Reply 7
Original post by Bazbaz
That would put you in the minority out of what I've seen.

again, i disagree, the majority of people i have seen agree with me
Reply 8
I think an A* will be 165, A will be 128-131, B will be 96-98 and a C will be 64. I think I got 55 first paper minimum from the non-official mark scheme and 90 plus in paper 2. All I want is an A and hopefully with this I can get that.
Reply 9
Original post by BBeyond

-facepalm
Reply 10
Original post by BBeyond

Well then this is a pointless debate, we haven't seen the same people. You go by your experience and I'll go by mine.
Original post by Bazbaz
Well then this is a pointless debate, we haven't seen the same people. You go by your experience and I'll go by mine.

then why make a pointless thread?
Hopefully low. Those two papers were definitely harder than previous papers.
Who cares, we'll find out in a mere 2 months :tongue: I agree with BBeyond's predictions though - they look realistic, and it's better to predict higher grade boundaries than to have a false sense of satisfaction anyway.
Reply 14
Original post by Mo98
I think an A* will be 165, A will be 128-131, B will be 96-98 and a C will be 64. I think I got 55 first paper minimum from the non-official mark scheme and 90 plus in paper 2. All I want is an A and hopefully with this I can get that.

Same, I reckon I got 60 (minimum) in the non calc, 75-80 in the calc. It's a shame because I was aiming for an A*, i seriously messed up the non calc. But I'd be thrilled with an A
Reply 15
Original post by BBeyond
then why make a pointless thread?

Because I wasn't anticipating people with crappy attitudes like you. It's fine to have differing opinions, but you just come across as rude. I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought. I appreciate that this is essentially pointless. But that mindset is no way to carry you through life, don't you think?
Original post by BBeyond

Do you accept that you might be particularly good at maths, are therefore quite intelligent and probably socialize with people from school of a similar ability and therefore aren't representative of the majority, whom, found it quite difficult?
Reply 17
Original post by EastGuava
Who cares, we'll find out in a mere 2 months :tongue: I agree with BBeyond's predictions though - they look realistic, and it's better to predict higher grade boundaries than to have a false sense of satisfaction anyway.

I agree, I just wanted to gage how people found it. But personally I don't see how the boundaries could be higher that last year's, sorry.
Original post by Bazbaz
Because I wasn't anticipating people with crappy attitudes like you. It's fine to have differing opinions, but you just come across as rude. I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought. I appreciate that this is essentially pointless. But that mindset is no way to carry you through life, don't you think?

well your attitude must be the same as mine, as you called our debate pointless, so clearly you don't want to hear opposing points of view, and only want to hear what's best for you
Original post by blondelocks
Do you accept that you might be particularly good at maths, are therefore quite intelligent and probably socialize with people from school of a similar ability and therefore aren't representative of the majority, whom, found it quite difficult?

i'm not even basing it off my ability, I'm going with what i've heard both at school, and on here

Quick Reply

Latest