The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baconbutty
What's that got to do with my point? He's maintained a far higher level than herrera is capable of over the last 18 months and last season when he was fit was as good as any midfielder in Europe. Herrera is a good player but I just found it funny that he's trying to make out herrera is better off some stats that don't tell us anything due to playing different positions/herrera playing 10 more games

Herrera would still have better stats for the ones shown. Agree about the position though.
At this rate, an Ed Woodward book will be a big seller. A poor 2013, a monster 2014 so far. Deals concluded left, right and centre.

Hopefully adidas go back to making some retro, old-school shirts with a contemporary touch.
This thread is comedy central atm. MU biggest club in the world? Lol. Ramsey not a clearly superior player than Herrera? Even bigger lol. Next youll be saying youre going to finish Top 3. :rofl2:
Original post by manchesterunited15
This pre-season we're playing Galaxy, Roma, Inter, Real and Valencia. Don't we normally just play random Asian teams?

Part of me wishes Moyes had that schedule, so he'd have been sacked sooner.

Good news that the kit deal is finally sorted. It's double the one Arsenal signed earlier this year and three times the size of Liverpool's, this is following our worst season in decades. Add on the £53m per year from Chevrolet and it's mind blowing stuff. Hopefully we can see some of this invested in the team.

Original post by CB91
This thread is comedy central atm. MU biggest club in the world? Lol. Ramsey not a clearly superior player than Herrera? Even bigger lol. Next youll be saying youre going to finish Top 3. :rofl2:

We'll finish above Liverpool next season. Quote me on that.
Original post by CB91

Lol at the notion of United being the biggest club in the world being lolworthy.
Original post by sr90
We'll finish above Liverpool next season. Quote me on that.

Not sure what youre getting at seeing as I didnt mention Liverpool at all?

And with your defence and midfield, unlikely.

Original post by manchesterunited15
Lol at the notion of United being the biggest club in the world being lolworthy.

Real Madrid and Barcelona take a big steamy dump all over Man United.
Original post by CB91
Not sure what youre getting at seeing as I didnt mention Liverpool at all?

And with your defence and midfield, unlikely.

Manchester United's defence has it's flaws I agree, but Liverpool's is just as bad. Could even argue it's in a worse state, because Mignolet isn't fit to lace De Gea's boots.
What's that got to do with my point? He's maintained a far higher level than herrera is capable of over the last 18 months and last season when he was fit was as good as any midfielder in Europe. Herrera is a good player but I just found it funny that he's trying to make out herrera is better off some stats that don't tell us anything due to playing different positions/herrera playing 10 more games

Well, because that's when his game went up a level. He was injured for around half of last season, so he hasn't played at a high level for 18 months. His play at the end of 12/13 was not as high as his play in 13/14.

The stats on the prior page are deceiving, but I don't agree that you can suggest Ramsey is far superior to Herrera. I think I may just have a problem with the overemphasis of your statement. His form was fantastic last season, and hopefully for Arsenal, he can continue that.

I'm excited to see how both players perform this season.
Original post by sr90
Liverpool's defence is equally as poor, if not worse than Manchester United's.

At full back, sure. Our gung-ho approach tends to make our defence look worse than it is. And our midfield is just superior.
Your problem here is ones played 10 more games and also played as an AM.

Ramsey is a far superior player :|

Herrera is better than Ramsey. Every single one of your posts seems to be anti-United. If you hate the club why bother posting? Honourable members like Jammy don't do that.
Original post by CB91

1) our kit deal is worth more than your club (not even close)
2) nice signings
Original post by CB91

Typical Scouse nonsense. What's the only ship that's never sailed into Liverpool? The Premiership. If you had one chance, one opportunity, would you just let it slip Gerrard?

This is what will happen. With our current squad we'll be third, behind City and Chelsea. Quote me when I'm wrong.

If players arrive, say, 2/3 players, we'll win the title. Again, quote me when I'm wrong.
Original post by Mike_123
1) our kit deal is worth more than your club (not even close)
2) nice signings

A big shiny kit deal but a bag of crap for a squad, good one. :rofl2:

Cheers. :cool:
hope we land depay and a good quality winger (not sure if this is possible but just clocked if PSG sign Di Maria is lucas moura or lavezzi viable? and if the deal between psg and di maria falls through do you think we can persuade him to join.Remeber herrerea and di maria are on two differentt skill levels.Di maria is world class or pretty close to it.Herrerea according to what ive seen and heard is a good player who could if given the right training could prove to be quality...
Original post by Eboracum
Typical Scouse nonsense. What's the only ship that's never sailed into Liverpool? The Premiership. If you had one chance, one opportunity, would you just let it slip Gerrard?

This is what will happen. With our current squad we'll be third, behind City and Chelsea. Quote me when I'm wrong.

If players arrive, say, 2/3 players, we'll win the title. Again, quote me when I'm wrong.

You so mad. :rofl2:

I expect another season long meltdown from you when you dont finish in the Top 4 btw.
Original post by NathanW18
Well, because that's when his game went up a level. He was injured for around half of last season, so he hasn't played at a high level for 18 months. His play at the end of 12/13 was not as high as his play in 13/14.

The stats on the prior page are deceiving, but I don't agree that you can suggest Ramsey is far superior to Herrera. I think I may just have a problem with the overemphasis of your statement. His form was fantastic last season, and hopefully for Arsenal, he can continue that.

I'm excited to see how both players perform this season.

He played deeper and got forward nowhere near as much in the 12/13 season so going off his goal output/match winning contributions isn't reliable. Arteta went forward a lot more during that season.

He wasn't injured for half of last season as well he played 38 games scoring 18 goals and getting 9 assists in the b2b role whilst also having one of the best defensive contributions of any midfielders in the league. I don't see how herrera is going to come close to that next season and he certainly didn't last season. He's also got ridiculous work rate and ud struggle to find a player with better stamina than him in the league. He's pretty much got everything
Original post by Eboracum
Herrera is better than Ramsey. Every single one of your posts seems to be anti-United. If you hate the club why bother posting? Honourable members like Jammy don't do that.

The quality of your trolling has dropped drastically. Only a few weeks ago you were saying how ud never seen herrera play
Original post by CB91

Real Madrid and Barcelona take a big steamy dump all over Man United.

Barca certainly don't. They've had a dominant period that's put them slightly ahead of Utd in trophies, but there's not much in it.
Original post by CB91

I expect another season long meltdown from you when you dont finish in the Top 4 btw.

That's right Scouse boy. Keep the emoticons coming. When Anfield is full, you know benefits in the UK are too generous. I am a staunch supporter of massive cuts to the Welfare State (in a rare moment when Eboracum gives away his political views).

Reality is, you won't finish in the top four next season. No guarantee Steve will be as good, Champions League football will be a lot to take. And with Squirrel face off to Barcelona, things aren't looking good. Perhaps even the other benefit cheats across Stanley Park may finish above you.

I'm fed up of United insults in this thread, time to fight back. I have sworn upon the alter of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of Manchester United fans.
Original post by CB91
A big shiny kit deal but a bag of crap for a squad, good one. :rofl2:

Cheers. :cool:

Better than Liverpool's :rolleyes:

Original post by CB91

I expect more arrogance from you next season before the inevitable realisation that there's still no trophies :frown:

Latest