The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Gilwell Halls 2014/15 Plymouth Uni

Just finished the whole accommodation thing, was wondering if anyone else picked Gilwell Halls? What course you're doing? And can anyone tell me a little bit about Gilwell Halls, I haven't been to Plymouth yet so have no clue as to what I should expect... heh...

Sorry about all the Qs

P.s. I'm hopefully going to be studying Podiatry
I am staying in Gilwell too, literally have all the same questions as you haha.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
I was in Gilwell this year, and I won't lie it's not the best but you'll sure meet great people.
Some good points: really close to campus and North Hill with all the bars! Cheapest accomodation, you'll save money.
Bad points for me: we didn't have a table in the kitchen, the bathroom was not amazing at all.
It's unisex so in my flat we were only girls, but the night when we moved in all the flats mingled together.
I've met my future housemates there and great friends for life I hope.
So yes at first you'll be a bit shocked by how it looks but you'll get used to it and like me be sad when it's time to leave.
If you have any more questions don't hesitate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm staying at Gilwell floor 3 I think :smile: pretty excited to start. Where u guys all coming from? & I'm gonna be studying Geog with Int'l Relations
(edited 9 years ago)
Gilwell has a bit of a reputation in Plymouth, it's certainly not five star accommodation but I'm sure you'll meet some lovely people and have a great time :smile: I think the worst thing is probably the small kitchen/the bathroom, but once you've gotten over that you'll be fine!

You will be situated right next to all the nightlife which I guess is either a good or bad thing depending on what kind of person you are. Cuba/Bang Bang and Fresher & Professor are both about 20 seconds away from your front door so you'll never have very far to go if you've had a few too many.

The same also goes for your proximity to lectures, you'll literally have to cross the road and you'll be on campus - have fun rolling out of bed at 08:55 and dragging yourself over to PSQ in your pyjamas! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending