The Student Room Group

Mature Students 2014 University Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Wooohooooo I got an email to say my conditional offer has switched to unconditional to study pharmacy. Brighton here I come !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ADAOBI123
Wooohooooo I got an email to say I conditional offer has switched to unconditional to study pharmacy. Brighton here I come !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile:
Original post by Mathematiculate
Congratulations :smile:

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cyn4psy
and well done on all those distinctions wow! and making sussex now I can see it's possible :smile:

I don't know if you've done your interview already but from what I remember it was just them asking what you want to study at uni and then they let you know what subjects you should take in the access course and plan your timetable unless they've changed it lol.
Thank you, you only need 30 distinctions to study at Sussex and I know at least 3 people who got offers from KCC so it's definitely a possibility! I was planning on going to Liverpool but I went to the Sussex open day and just loved it. I'll be studying psychology, your subject choice sounds very interesting!
I got my place at Derby Uni - I did the foundation year there but it's official; I'll be starting my Bachelor of Arts (Honours) on English and History in September1 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
What are you currently studying/have studied. Bsc (Hons) Computing 3 years (4 with work placement.
Which universities are you applying to. Sheffield Hallam university sept 2014
Which course(s) do you want to do. Computer and a foreign language
Any other info you feel like sharing I'm 39, with 2 children I don't work my wife is in full time employment. I just done a 2 year part time I.T certificate at sheffield university. We are hoping to immigrate abroad.
48 Distinctions and 12 Merits, all level 3. I have exceeded my offer to study Environmental Chemistry at Lancaster and have had my place confirmed. Just got to sort out accommodation, get my bike licence and cut my hours at work and I'm home dry.
Original post by Tim TIC
48 Distinctions and 12 Merits, all level 3. I have exceeded my offer to study Environmental Chemistry at Lancaster and have had my place confirmed. Just got to sort out accommodation, get my bike licence and cut my hours at work and I'm home dry.

Congratulations. :biggrin:
Original post by Schadenfreude65

Have you got your final results yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wooohooooo I got an email to say my conditional offer has switched to unconditional to study pharmacy. Brighton here I come !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That email is the scariest thing to open! But well done :smile:
Original post by simplylldxo
1. Starting foundation year at Derby University next month!
2. Because I'm doing foundation; my degree will have to be at Derby!
3. Tourism Management (Joint Honours) at the Buxton campus!
4. I've only left education a year ago and now i'm back in it for four years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This post of mine couldn't be more different to what I'm doing now but when I got to Uni, I changed my option. If I'm honest, it isn't a very useful degree.
Have you got your final results yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, still waiting!
Original post by simplylldxo
That email is the scariest thing to open! But well done :smile:

I know right ? I was so relieved when I opened it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right ? I was so relieved when I opened it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my grades last month but I wasn't sure whether the grades were higher enough :smile:
Original post by Schadenfreude65

Thanks! I'm so excited about every aspect of university life, including living on campus (at the age of forty!).
Congratulations to all those getting Access results, reading your posts you've worked so hard to get them.

After a lot of unexpected delays, its finally confirmed I'm going to Brighton in Sept to study Fashion & Dress History and I'm over the moon! In the end it really was the only place and course I wanted so my only option - found it so helpful being able to tailor the PS exactly to one uni.

Dreaded accommodation hunt now for somewhere for me and my daughter, she needs an address even more urgently because of school for her. In the meantime I'm rebuilding a bike for the commute.

As for the mature student thing, I don't consider myself very old right now at 33, however when I contemplate that I'll turn 37 just after I graduate, suddenly I feel over the hill and wonder what I've been doing all my life!
Original post by Samual
I think we should have a separate thread for mature university applicants using the same format as last year. I'll go first shall I? :shades:

What are you currently studying/have studied
. Currently doing a CertHE Humanities with the Open University
Which universities are you applying to. UCL, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Royal Holloway
Which course(s) do you want to do. Scandinavian Studies, Scandinavian Studies and History, European Studies
Any other info you feel like sharing. I'm applying for a deferred entry

1. I've just finished my Access to HE in May (combined studies) at Coleg Menai Bangor.

2. I applied to Bangor only, having the university so close to my home town I thought it more practical, and after visiting twice I loved the atmosphere there.

3. I've secured my conditional place which is now a unconditional doing a BA in History.

4. I'm 29 going into uni after working full time since I was 18 at a special educational needs school and I'm crapping myself that I won't be able to do it/ won't make friends or get lost... Other than that... Happy Days!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Elenffion
1. I've just finished my Access to HE in May (combined studies) at Coleg Menai Bangor.

2. I applied to Bangor only, having the university so close to my home town I thought it more practical, and after visiting twice I loved the atmosphere there.

3. I've secured my conditional place which is now a unconditional doing a BA in History.

4. I'm 29 going into uni after working full time since I was 18 at a special educational needs school and I'm crapping myself that I won't be able to do it/ won't make friends or get lost... Other than that... Happy Days!!

I'm worried about exactly the same things as you! I'm 38 and just finished an Access Course in Llandrillo College now heading to Bangor Uni to study Environmental Science. I don't quite know why I'm so apprehensive though I worried about all these things when I started the Access course. Like you I'd worked from 17 so going back to college was scary but in the end I had nothing to worry about and Mande some fantastic friends. Not sure why I'm worrying about it really I'm sure it will be fine.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobertsClan
I'm worried about exactly the same things as you! I'm 38 and just finished an Access Course in Llandrillo College now heading to Bangor Uni to study Environmental Science. I don't quite know why I'm so apprehensive though I worried about all these things when I started the Access course. Like you I'd worked from 17 so going back to college was scary but in the end I had nothing to worry about and Mande some fantastic friends. Not sure why I'm worrying about it really I'm sure it will be fine.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad someone understands, I'm excited but nervous & worried all at the same time, I've also not left work yet, I'm working right until the 19th, I didn't see any point in not working as I'm having 6 weeks off atm! So I'm just as nervous about my 'leaving day' too!! Are you going to the freshers fair? Xx
Hi,

I'm (hopefully...still waiting on GCSE results) off to Bucks New Uni this year and I am cycling through emotions so quickly it's a little crazy! I go from excited to terrified and back within the space of a couple of hours :/ It's quite refreshing to see others feeling the same

Good Luck Everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending