The Student Room Group

Is Medicine still a possibility with poor/bad AS-level grades?

I took Biology, Chemistry and Maths at AS and continuing for A-Level.
My results were:
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Mathematics - C (4 marks off a B)

I realise for Medicine you need a minimum of 3 A's and I am very disappointed with my results. I am determined to get AAA in my A-levels and I am resitting one unit in Maths to try and make this more of a possibility. I'm also in the process of doing the EPQ which for some universities can take place of your third A-Level which would help my situation if I manage to get an A.

I would like to know if my chances of studying Medicine are over and even I get predicted AAA will I have any chance of getting interviews with these AS grades.

Thank you for reading and your responses are greatly appreciated. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by tiredofloving
I took Biology, Chemistry and Maths at AS and continuing for A-Level.
My results were:
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Mathematics - C (4 marks off a B)

I realise for Medicine you need a minimum of 3 A's and I am very disappointed with my results. I am determined to get AAA in my A-levels and I am resitting one unit in Maths to try and make this more of a possibility. I'm also in the process of doing the EPQ which for some universities can take place of your third A-Level which would help my situation if I manage to get an A.

I would like to know if my chances of studying Medicine are over and even I get predicted AAA will I have any chance of getting interviews with these AS grades.

Thank you for reading and your responses are greatly appreciated. :smile:

For medicine you need to be predicted AAA at A2. Most medical schools(probably all-double check) require a 4th AS. Medical schools will not let you replace your 3rd a level with the EPQ. Some may allow you to replace the EPQ with your 4th AS but not many allow this.
Original post by 06shawm
For medicine you need to be predicted AAA at A2. Most medical schools(probably all-double check) require a 4th AS. Medical schools will not let you replace your 3rd a level with the EPQ. Some may allow you to replace the EPQ with your 4th AS but not many allow this.

Thank you very much for your response! I just realised that I was mistaken about whether the EPQ could be replaced for the 4th AS or third A-level so thank you for clearing that up!
Reply 3
Original post by tiredofloving
Thank you very much for your response! I just realised that I was mistaken about whether the EPQ could be replaced for the 4th AS or third A-level so thank you for clearing that up!

No problem! All the best with your application! :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much, I need it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending