The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 3 models

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dilsz
I forgot to write about gbh in scenario 1 :frown:

I did scenario 1 as well. Which question did you forget the GBH? I got assault and then s20 GBH for the first question and gross negligence for the second. What about you?
I complete missed out transferred malice! Label it of the scenario but just complete for to put it in :frown:
Reply 102
Original post by qwertyuiopp
I did scenario 1 as well. Which question did you forget the GBH? I got assault and then s20 GBH for the first question and gross negligence for the second. What about you?

The first question

It was assault for the text by Beck to Aakil

For Aakil to Chas it was Battery (The punch to his jaw) resulting in ABH (Loss of consciousness and bruising) and the GBH which I forgot was "the loss of hearing from one ear"
Defences = Self Defence

Second question was Murder of Eddie + Transferred Malice
Defences = Loss of control BUT it would have failed as he acted in a considered desire for revenge

And Gross Negligence Manslaughter
Causation discussion of whether his acts were significant enough to result in death as he was not the operative cause.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dilsz
The first question

It was assault for the text by Beck to Aakil

For Aakil to Chas it was Battery (The punch to his jaw causing) resulting in ABH (Loss of consciousness and bruising) and the GBH which I forgot was "the loss of hearing from one ear"
Defences = Self Defence

Second question was Murder of Eddie + Transferred Malice
Defences = Loss of control BUT it would have failed as he acted in a considered desire for revenge

And Gross Negligence Manslaughter
Causation discussion of whether his acts were significant enough to result in death as he was not the operative cause.

No I just stuck with s20 for the first question but half way through writing I knew I should have down abh. Regretting that now but I had no time.

And for the murder question I did transferred malice and everything but i didn't add the defence of loss of control because I thought it wasn't important as he looked for 45 minutes meaning he had calmed down. Will i lose a lot of marks for not putting that?
Reply 104
No I just stuck with s20 for the first question but half way through writing I knew I should have down abh. Regretting that now but I had no time.

And for the murder question I did transferred malice and everything but i didn't add the defence of loss of control because I thought it wasn't important as he looked for 45 minutes meaning he had calmed down. Will i lose a lot of marks for not putting that?

You should be okay but good paper overall.. just got to focus on LAW04 now
Original post by Dilsz
You should be okay but good paper overall.. just got to focus on LAW04 now

Same. I'm completely not ready for unit 4 yet though :frown: so much revision to do.
Reply 106
Same. I'm completely not ready for unit 4 yet though :frown: so much revision to do.

Property?
Question 2 took me ages, threw my timing right off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sooooo I ve done two exams in a row, one of em was Unit 3. How did everyone thought ot that paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I forgot to write about transferred malice. I remember I was reading the scenario and thought that I should write about it but in the end I forgot. Do you think it's still possible to get over 20marks?
Anyone here did Scenario 2? :confused:
Original post by Dilsz
Property?

Nope I'm doing tort :frown:
Can someone help me please :frown:

I know i shouldn't be thinking about it as it's done now but it's been eating me up since yesterday!

i did scenario one;

for Question 1 i did - assault; abh; gbh s20 - i think i applied them pretty well - and i left self defence till the end but when i got back to it i only did the first part of it so lost loads of marks :frown:

Question 2 - i did murder including causation and transferred malice, and did gross negligence up to breach of duty but i missed out loss of control completely because i didnt have enough time :frown:

Question 3 - i think i did the defences essay pretty well!

How many marks could i have lost? will it still be enough to get me an A? :frown: I'm just gutted because i knew everything! Feel like i've just wasted a whole year!
Original post by ChloeAtkinson
Can someone help me please :frown:

I know i shouldn't be thinking about it as it's done now but it's been eating me up since yesterday!

i did scenario one;

for Question 1 i did - assault; abh; gbh s20 - i think i applied them pretty well - and i left self defence till the end but when i got back to it i only did the first part of it so lost loads of marks :frown:

Question 2 - i did murder including causation and transferred malice, and did gross negligence up to breach of duty but i missed out loss of control completely because i didnt have enough time :frown:

Question 3 - i think i did the defences essay pretty well!

How many marks could i have lost? will it still be enough to get me an A? :frown: I'm just gutted because i knew everything! Feel like i've just wasted a whole year!

As my teacher said, (referring to your answer in question 1) as long as you introduced the defence you would at least get marks for it, examiners would know you didn't have enough time.

Not sure about question 2 though, as you could've done losc as soon as you've done the murder bit. Pretty sure it won't be that bad, and you've done well on your defences anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Bump so future A2 Students can use this
Reply 115
BUMP
Reply 116
bumpy
So gracious, so helpful, so kind

Thank you dilsz <3
Reply 118
Original post by rabbits69
So gracious, so helpful, so kind