The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything from Oriel? :smile:
Original post by shloke123
Hey guys, anyone applying for Hertford and/or for Medicine?

hey I'm applying for medicine at lincoln :smile:
what are your stats?/ums?
and hows the bmat going? i have so much to do ahhhh :s-smilie:
Original post by andreastitan
No was wondering because, I got an offer from reading on the 21st and it hadn't updated on track and then yesterday I get the same email from reading and another email 30 minutes later notifying me that one of my unis had made a decision. Prior to this I had received an acknowledgement from Magdelan 2 hours before the other two emails. I was wondering if the decision is from Reading or Oxford.

I'd lean towards it being reading but do let me know what you find out Monday
Original post by iwishiwasclever
hey I'm applying for medicine at lincoln :smile:
what are your stats?/ums?
and hows the bmat going? i have so much to do ahhhh :s-smilie:

Medicine at Somerville!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smilepeople
Medicine at Somerville!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hows it going for you? what are your stats? :smile:
Open application allocation to St.Peters for law. Looked it up and it seems great :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if they email you saying you're rejected they normally don't update track till mid January after offers have come out.

Ah, okay, I didn't know that. Thanks!

How are you preparing for the TSA?

Gonna quote myself on that...
Taking past papers, I think. Trying to understand the pattern of the questions. My teachers look a lot on our critical thinking skills, so I'm not so worried about that. I'm international and English is not my first language so I think the essay might be the worst part. You?

What about you?
Original post by Marinaawesome
Open application allocation to St.Peters for law. Looked it up and it seems great :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sent you an acknowledgement or a decision?
Original post by punkhippie
Oh hello LMH lawyer! Have you received your acknowledgement from them yet?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, another LMH law applicant here :smile: no acknowledgement yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey ! I just got allocated to Univeristy college for law. How's Univeirsty like ?
Original post by cucaracha
Oh that's good timing, it'll be fresh in your mind if you're asked about it :smile: We haven't really done anything substantial yet that fits the criteria so I sent my coursework from last year :/

I'm sure it'll be fine, I was going to send my coursework from last year as well until our deadline for this year suddenly became next Friday!
I'm not really sure where to send mine too, I think I have to post it but I have no idea what the address is D:
Original post by andreastitan
They sent you an acknowledgement or a decision?

Acknowledgement

Posted from TSR Mobile
A bit late to the party, but oh well :P

Course: English Language and Literature
College: Magdalen :biggrin:
GCSEs: 10A* (plus A FMSQ)
A-Levels: English Lit, History, Maths(dropped French) - predicted A*A*A*
Anything else relevant: wider reading, 2014 Magdalen College Essay Prize Winner, editor of school magazine, Academic Scholar, Work Experience in Magazine Publishing and Literary Agency etc :smile:
Home Candidate

Got my acknowledgement email for Magdalen yesterday, scary and exciting times!! Now to knuckle down to prepare for the ELAT and get that work submitted :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't think I could want Oxford for CompSci any more than I already do and then I saw this: http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/23/googles-deepmind-acqui-hires-two-ai-teams-in-the-uk-partners-with-oxford/?ncid=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29

Mentioning my interest in the advancement of AI in my personal statement may have been a very good decision after all as long as I can expand on it :redface: I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but there's nothing I want more :afraid:
Original post by Rifleboy123
I didn't think I could want Oxford for CompSci any more than I already do and then I saw this: http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/23/googles-deepmind-acqui-hires-two-ai-teams-in-the-uk-partners-with-oxford/?ncid=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29

Mentioning my interest in the advancement of AI in my personal statement may have been a very good decision after all as long as I can expand on it :redface: I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but there's nothing I want more :afraid:

This looks so interesting!
Original post by Naomi12
Has anyone heard anything from Oriel? :smile:

Not yet! What course have you applied for?
Original post by Marinaawesome

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went there for a History Study Day & really liked it! It's quite small, friendly and the students all said the bar is great :wink:
Original post by scavi2008
Not yet! What course have you applied for?

Just found an acknowledgment from Oriel in my spam filter - it might be worth checking yours :smile: Philosophy and theology, what about you?
Original post by jennakchick
A bit late to the party, but oh well :P

Course: English Language and Literature
College: Magdalen :biggrin:
GCSEs: 10A* (plus A FMSQ)
A-Levels: English Lit, History, Maths(dropped French) - predicted A*A*A*
Anything else relevant: wider reading, 2014 Magdalen College Essay Prize Winner, editor of school magazine, Academic Scholar, Work Experience in Magazine Publishing and Literary Agency etc :smile:
Home Candidate

Got my acknowledgement email for Magdalen yesterday, scary and exciting times!! Now to knuckle down to prepare for the ELAT and get that work submitted :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi jenna,
good luck! Scary times indeed! I've applied to Magdalene too. Think we have til 10 Nov to get work in...not far off.
Which part of the country are you from?
What made you choose Magdalen?
Original post by personage
Hi jenna,
good luck! Scary times indeed! I've applied to Magdalene too. Think we have til 10 Nov to get work in...not far off.
Which part of the country are you from?
What made you choose Magdalen?

Hi!!! I actually don't live too far from Oxford (in Berkshire ) - I got to go there for a dinner and study day in the summer as part of the essay competition, and everyone there was really friendly and it seemed such an inspiring place to study (the deer park ) plus it's close to the faculty and has a really good reputation for English and a good number of people studying our subject (but because it's so fab I think it's pretty competitive- sad times ) good luck to you too!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending