The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

~UCL Biomedical Sciences applicants 2015~

Entry Requirements: AAAe
Biology and Chemistry required, plus Mathematics or Physics preferred.
A pass in a further subject at AS level or equivalent is required. Mathematics must be offered at AS level if not offered at A level.
English Language and Mathematics at grade B. For UK-based students, a grade C or equivalent in a foreign language (other than Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew or Latin) is required.

The Biomedical Sciences degree has approximately 150 places available each year.

If you are resident in the UK and we make you an offer, you will be invited to an open day or interview. This event will include presentations about the degree programme, our resources and facilities, and about student life at UCL.

FAQ for this course can be found at:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/biosciences/degree-programmes/prospectivestudents/biomedical_bsc/#apply

Who else is applying here?! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Me :smile: Though I am applying with a medical personal statement. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I'm thinking of applying with a Med PS. I achieved AAA at A2 but a C in the 4th AS so I'm unsure if it's too risky :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by brbwafflesyay
I'm thinking of applying with a Med PS. I achieved AAA at A2 but a C in the 4th AS so I'm unsure if it's too risky :s-smilie:

The medicine deadline has passed just to let you know. As long as your PS is good, you should stand a good chance :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by GDbubbles
Me :smile: Though I am applying with a medical personal statement. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

7A*, 3A, 3 Dist at GCSE and achieved AAAbc, don't really know what the competition is tbh, hbu?
Original post by M!lad
The medicine deadline has passed just to let you know. As long as your PS is good, you should stand a good chance :smile:

I did put quite a bit in about neuroscience and genetics even thought it's tailored to Med. I put my 4 Med choices in and still have a 5th option open til 15 Jan because I was unsure about UCL being too risky
Reply 6
I did put quite a bit in about neuroscience and genetics even thought it's tailored to Med. I put my 4 Med choices in and still have a 5th option open til 15 Jan because I was unsure about UCL being too risky

What are your GCSE's like?
Original post by M!lad
7A*, 3A, 3 Dist at GCSE and achieved AAAbc, don't really know what the competition is tbh, hbu?

10a*, 1 B at GCSE and AAAAAB at AS. The website is incredibly vague with the competition. But I'd assume it would be pretty intense as its UCL. I just hope I will stand a chance with my medicine personal statement haha.
Reply 8
10a*, 1 B at GCSE and AAAAAB at AS. The website is incredibly vague with the competition. But I'd assume it would be pretty intense as its UCL. I just hope I will stand a chance with my medicine personal statement haha.

I think a lot of people will be applying with med personal statements so who knows :redface:
Original post by M!lad
I think a lot of people will be applying with med personal statements so who knows :redface:

keeping my fingers crossed haha:redface: good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by M!lad
What are your GCSE's like?

7 A*'s, 3 A's
Reply 11
7 A*'s, 3 A's

Same here, but I did maths as well as furthermaths GCSE and I think only one of them is considered :rolleyes:
Hey,
Im thinking of applying for Biomed at UCL.
Does anyone know if you can take an extra-mural year for this course? On their website it only mentions it for BEng and MEng :confused: That will pretty much decide whether or not I apply.
Reply 13
Original post by Faithams
Hey,
Im thinking of applying for Biomed at UCL.
Does anyone know if you can take an extra-mural year for this course? On their website it only mentions it for BEng and MEng :confused: That will pretty much decide whether or not I apply.

I don't think you can, otherwise it would have stated it on the website. Or maybe I just missed it :confused: Call them up and ask
Original post by M!lad
I don't think you can, otherwise it would have stated it on the website. Or maybe I just missed it :confused: Call them up and ask

You're right, they probably wouldn't have left that out.
Reply 15
Original post by Faithams
You're right, they probably wouldn't have left that out.

Good luck with all your options :smile:
Anyone know when we might hear from them?
Reply 17
Anyone know when we might hear from them?

Really have no idea :/ you can check out last years thread if you want, I don't think it was too long
Original post by M!lad
Really have no idea :/ you can check out last years thread if you want, I don't think it was too long

If I remember correctly people started to get offers in mid November last year :redface: but some didnt hear from ucl until February... the wait is killing me haha :')
Med school hopeful here - I didn't put an awful amount of thought as to what my fifth application would be - UCL biomed looked good so I applied there. Do we have any idea what proportion of successful applicants for biomed sent PSs for medicine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending