The Student Room Group

UCL PGCE Secondary Science/ any subject experience

Hello, I have received a conditional offer to study at UCL for PGCE Chemistry 2024 entry. I just wanted some insight into any of your experiences doing any PGCE Secondary course at UCL eg. placement schools, mentor, workload, lesson planning and support received. Thank you
Reply 1
Hey! I have no experience in this but also starting at UCL in 2024 for languages PGCE secondary. Best of luck 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by study2
Hello, I have received a conditional offer to study at UCL for PGCE Chemistry 2024 entry. I just wanted some insight into any of your experiences doing any PGCE Secondary course at UCL eg. placement schools, mentor, workload, lesson planning and support received. Thank you

Congratulations Study2, I also got a conditional offer for PGCE Physics 2024 entry, Though no experience or answer to your questions.
Reply 3
Original post by study2

Hey, I've got a Chemistry PGCSE interview coming up at UCL. Any idea what kind of questions they throw in during group discussions? Also, if you're cool with sharing, what was your conditional offer like? Thanks a bunch!
Reply 4
Original post by zcsc
Hey, I've got a Chemistry PGCSE interview coming up at UCL. Any idea what kind of questions they throw in during group discussions? Also, if you're cool with sharing, what was your conditional offer like? Thanks a bunch!

Questions range from why you want to teach, methods of teaching eg. are the use of practicals good for students, what skills you have that will make you a good teacher and a good candidate for the PGCE course. As my degree was not chemistry related, a condition was to complete a subject knowledge enhancement course but this won't be applicable if you're studying chemistry, biomedical sciences or any subject with at least 50% Chemistry. The other condition was for a 2:2, which is a requirement for everyone. Good luck for the interview!
Reply 5
Original post by study2
Questions range from why you want to teach, methods of teaching eg. are the use of practicals good for students, what skills you have that will make you a good teacher and a good candidate for the PGCE course. As my degree was not chemistry related, a condition was to complete a subject knowledge enhancement course but this won't be applicable if you're studying chemistry, biomedical sciences or any subject with at least 50% Chemistry. The other condition was for a 2:2, which is a requirement for everyone. Good luck for the interview!

Thank you, I really appreciate it! What was your lesson about and what kind of props did you use?
Reply 6
Original post by study2

Hey! Well done on getting the offer! I have been invited for an interview in March for Biology PGCE. Do you have any tips for presentation?
Original post by study2

Could I ask what subject your undergrad was in? Good luck for the PGCE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending