The Student Room Group

PAT - November 6th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imdelusional
You aren't alone. St. Hugh for me as well. :biggrin:

I am curious though, a question for everyone:

What do you hope to do with a degree in physics?

If I went into applications, I would hope to make advances with quantum computing or condensed matter physics (preferably nanotech).
If I went into theory, I would love to join in make the connections between relativity and quantum.
Of course, like I say every time, I am delusional, but I enjoy putting my dreams out there and am curious to what others dream of.

I'm eventually going for a Doctorate, most likely in theoretical science, but I can't say yet what to focus my research in. I'm primarily into quantum mechanics and cosmology at this co-ordinate in time, so I've got a lot of scope. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 781
Original post by LouN1997
I have! I applied for engineering. You?

Yeah me too, what were your predicted grades and as grades?
Original post by tleany
Yeah me too, what were your predicted grades and as grades?

I think I just told you on the imperial thread :tongue: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
I think I just told you on the imperial thread :tongue: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes you did, what a coincidence lool. Mine are 3A*s and an A
Lady Margaret hall here..
Reply 785
Has anyone applied at Jesus college? Does anyone know if it is easy to get in? I've heard that it is one of the easiest colleges of Oxford to get in!
Original post by SolGr
Has anyone applied at Jesus college? Does anyone know if it is easy to get in? I've heard that it is one of the easiest colleges of Oxford to get in!

Aw, really? Damn, I applied to John's.. probably one of the hardest :cry2:
how hard is lady margaret hall ?
Any st catz applicant?
Some information for engineering applicants. Last year interviews were a similar time (16th- 18th dec) and people first started receiving invites for interview on 3rd December. Hope that eases peoples impatience. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Some information for engineering applicants. Last year interviews were a similar time (16th- 18th dec) and people first started receiving invites for interview on 3rd December. Hope that eases peoples impatience. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the info
Anyone applied for Worcester here?
Yeah I have. The wait is killing me 😪
Original post by YellowNinja
Yeah I have. The wait is killing me 😪

Were u talking to me? :P
Original post by Student069
Were u talking to me? :P

Sorry yeah
Worcester here too
Latest information for engineering students:the shortlisting decisions are due to be made this week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fasten your seat belts,its gonna be bumpy!!!!!
Reply 796
Original post by 123sriram
Latest information for engineering students:the shortlisting decisions are due to be made this week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fasten your seat belts,its gonna be bumpy!!!!!

Is it really, or you just had a joke, I've waited more than a month for the interview offer.
Someone I know heard back from Lincoln college on Friday. It was an invite for an interview. I just hope the other colleges will reply soon
Original post by Mochas&cream
Someone I know heard back from Lincoln college on Friday. It was an invite for an interview. I just hope the other colleges will reply soon

Was this for engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm saying this to everybody,everybody strengthen your mind,don't make up your mind for an offer also make it ready for a rejection,so you don't get depressed!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending