The Student Room Group

PAT - November 6th 2014

Anyone nervous?? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any revision notes for the physics section of the paper?
Any pdfs or documents will be really good.. I am good in the first section, however I find the physics section really tricky.
Reply 3
Very nervous! I have CIE Further Maths on the same day (5th of November) so I'm requesting to sit the exam at different time since both are in the morning :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by peterith
Very nervous! I have CIE Further Maths on the same day (5th of November) so I'm requesting to sit the exam at different time since both are in the morning :frown:

Oh no you poor thing. I'm sure that will be allowed!! You'll just be put in isolation in between I assume?? Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by PhysGeek
Oh no you poor thing. I'm sure that will be allowed!! You'll just be put in isolation in between I assume?? Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I talked to the test centre, and the lady in charge seemed really nice :biggrin:
I don't think moving the exam time will be a problem. The 3 hour mechanics and stats exam is what I'm worried about xD

How confident are you with PAT from 0 to 10?

Probably 7 for me right now :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
I talked to the test centre, and the lady in charge seemed really nice :biggrin:
I don't think moving the exam time will be a problem. The 3 hour mechanics and stats exam is what I'm worried about xD

How confident are you with PAT from 0 to 10?

Probably 7 for me right now :smile:

That's good!!

Not very. About 4-6. How have you prepared?? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes... I haven't really prepared :eek3:
Reply 8
Original post by PhysGeek
That's good!!

Not very. About 4-6. How have you prepared?? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've pretty much done all my A2 physics and maths because I'm sitting the exams in October/November :biggrin:
They certainly will help me with PAT as well!

I think it's silly that they don't provide any marks scheme though. :rolleyes:
Hello,

I am Akashdeep Deb from Sharjah, UAE and I am studying science with computer science in a 'CBSE' school here.
I am planning to apply to Oxford this year and was made aware that I'd have to write the PAT to be eligible for admission.
The Math questions seemed relatively easier than what I am used to study in my own board. The few physics questions at the end seem to be the issue.
How should I prepare for them?
Is there any book available where I can get similar types of Physics questions tested in the PAT?
Original post by AkashdeepDeb
Hello,

I am Akashdeep Deb from Sharjah, UAE and I am studying science with computer science in a 'CBSE' school here.
I am planning to apply to Oxford this year and was made aware that I'd have to write the PAT to be eligible for admission.
The Math questions seemed relatively easier than what I am used to study in my own board. The few physics questions at the end seem to be the issue.
Is there any book available where I can get similar types of Physics questions tested in the PAT?

The Physics part will require knowledge of year 12 physics as well as some of the topics that will be covered in year 13 like capacitance and centripetal force/acceleration. I suggest you go through questions outside your Physics syllabus with your teacher at school.

By the way, what course are you applying for?
Hi, guys...
Original post by AkashdeepDeb
Hello,

https://www2.physics.ox.ac.uk/study-here/undergraduates/applications/physics-aptitude-test-pat/pat-syllabus
Reply 13
Original post by DeuteriumPie
Hi, guys...

Hey!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a thriving community :cool:
Reply 15

Hehe!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's quite a long time to go!
How are you prepping? Tried any papers yet?
Original post by DeuteriumPie
How are you prepping? Tried any papers yet?

Not really.. kinda busy with mock exams!
Not really.. kinda busy with mock exams!

Mock exams already? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest