The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ritica17
Just got my oxford rejection letter. :frown: It's what I expected but it's honestly the saddest thing ever. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chin up! It's easy for me to say, but Oxford isn't the be all and end all and it doesn't define you as a person whatsoever. Didn't you apply for Law as well, which is a tremendously competitive courses? Don't worry about it and try to think on the positive side that you won't have to go through 3 years of depressingly high work load! What other unis have you got offers from?
Just think of those
Original post by Imadinosaur2213
Or standoesnotdomaths

I like that a lot. :biggrin:
Original post by Maango
Congratulations!!! :smile: It is such an accomplishment to even get this far, as a fellow history of art applicant I understand how hard it is to even get to the interview stage.. You're almost there! :smile: I still haven't heard anything and I'm quite anxious... I've applied to St. Peter's but from the looks of it they've been really quiet! Just out of curiosity, as I know it's hard to get work experience in the art sector, what experiences did you have? I'm asking because of my constant self-doubting..

p.s. It was so hard for me to choose an artwork to respond to, what type of work did you choose? :smile: I've been curious about other applicants choices!

Thanks! Hopefully you'll get an interview too :wink:
I don't have any work experience, but I am doing an EPQ about Expressionism...
Yes it was really hard for me to decide what artwork to choose! I spent at least an hour wandering around an art gallery haha ... in the end I wrote about a Renaissance painting of a procession because it had a really unusual composition and a lot of symbolism to write about. What was yours about?
Original post by harry-s
Sadly I was rejected by Jesus College for Law :frown::frown::frown:
But it might be for the best. Good luck to all those who got interviews :rolleyes:

Commiserations my friend, but just look on the bright side! You won't have to suffer from a perennially humongous work load for 3 years of your life and I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you go!
What other unis have you got offers from?

I'm just incredibly anxious that's all! This is the first time I've heard about changes in what is happening in Pembroke.
Original post by BELLB
Law (Jurisprudence)

Commiserations, but don't let it define you as a person !
I'm sure the other unis you've applied to will love you!
Got any offers yet?
x
Anybody else for Law interviews at Lincoln? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jana.dms
Unfortunately, got my rejection letter too. Really disappointing.

Sorry to hear that :frown: Commiserations. Which course?
Does anyone know if Corpus Christi sends out emails or letters? I'm really hoping it's an email :redface:
Original post by FortunateKing
Applying for Oriel PPE... Have offers from UCL, LSE, Nottingham, and Warwick already. Still waiting on Oxford.

I'm applying for PPE as well but at St. Anne's. I've also applied to LSE and UCL but still haven't heard anything. I guess now would be a good time to start worrying 😓😓
Anybody heard anything from somerville or for Physics and Philosophy??
Reply 7271
Original post by bethbroad
Has anyone heard anything from Merton? Applied for Law. Thanks

Applied for Physics, nothing yet :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has somebody heard from PPE or Merton college?
Has anyone heard from Wadham? (I've applied for Chemistry) Thanks!
:moo:
Original post by RDPClem
I'm still waiting on maths at Wadham. :smile:

Good luck! :smile:
Any news from St. Hilda's ? I applied for history there. Is it normal not to have received any email from St'Hilda's yet?
Original post by Harshil1
Any PPE news people? Anyone who has contacted their college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for PPE at Merton and still haven't heard anything...
Original post by hannah.t
Somerville update: having told them I wouldn't be able to come to the interview in person, the college just asked for my Skype details

Also, they've said Oxford will be emailing out the decisions no later than noon on January 7th, so mark your calendars!

Note: I'm an int'l student applying for Law, allocated to Somerville

Friendly hint on the skype interview front: figure out a set up which makes it as easy as possible for you to interact with the tutors naturally. Things like a good headset microphone and good quality webcam can make a real difference- it's harder I think for a candidate to shine if the image is poor/cracks up periodically and it's hard to hear them.

I'd also give thought to where you'll sit and do the interviewand consider what will be visible in the background. I once had an applicant with some rather interesting lingerie visible in the background, which whilst amusing as hell, probably distracted from the task at hand...
Good luck to those with interviews and commiserations to those without. Although this will be a let down for you, don't let it impediment you from being outlandish in life, like you already have been.

Good luck to you all in life and live wildly.

Latest

Trending

Trending