The Student Room Group

For girls between the ages of 20-25....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm 27 nearly 28 yes I like my guys about 32-40 I would never go out with someone younger which is due to my own personal issues just been messed around too much by younger men who didn't know what they want. I've always been attracted to men older than me since my teens always will be so when I was 25 and younger was going for guys about 28-38

Plus to me it makes a huge different to date a guy who didn't grow up in the social media age. And I'm just not physically attracted to the style of young men nowadays man look like hollister model wannabes I cannot stand that comb over hair cut.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by jazjaz
I'm 27 nearly 28 yes I like my guys about 32-40 I would never go out with someone younger which is due to my own personal issues just been messed around too much by younger men who didn't know what they want. I've always been attracted to men older than me since my teens always will be so when I was 25 and younger was going for guys about 28-38

Plus to me it makes a huge different to date a guy who didn't grow up in the social media age. And I'm just not physically attracted to the style of young men nowadays man look like hollister model wannabes I cannot stand that comb over hair cut.

What if it's a 40 year old bloke with Hollister jeans and a comb over haircut?
Reply 62
Original post by Clip
What if it's a 40 year old bloke with Hollister jeans and a comb over haircut?

Well to be honest that's got to be even worse! Unfortunately I have witnessed this phenomenon :eek:
Original post by adele456
Im with a "much" older guy, I find most young men act silly, stupid and have never really clicked with blokes my own age. we have a lot in common and get on really well. The age gap has caused a few problems but we've got past them. I choose personality over looks and our relationship is great :smile:

My fiancé is also 'much' older than me, and we have experienced similar problems with our age-gap, such as people saying he's my dad etc. can I ask how much older your partner is? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juichiro
Try be empathetic. If girls find dating mature men attractive. Then, from the point of view of these men, dating immature girls is attractive. This is what DanB was trying to say.

I was explaining from my point of view. No need for that comment. :s-smilie:
Reply 65
It's common for girls to go for older guys as naturally, women want financial stability in their life. But from what I have seen and know from other people's experiences is that it is more likely the relationship will fail; and this is due to the age gap. If we imagine a 20-something year old girl with a 30 year old guy and we fast forward five years the girl still has a lot of energy to go out on late nights whereas the man has no juice left.
Reply 66
Original post by jazjaz
Well to be honest that's got to be even worse! Unfortunately I have witnessed this phenomenon :eek:

I need to hear about this.
in terms of marriage, I'd never go for someone my age or even 2 years older. min 3, max 6 but ideally 5 years older :smile:

I am attracted to guys much older but I dont imagine we'd have alot in common. plus, its very easy for an older man to emotionally manipulate you. and he'd also be more likely to have kids (no way in hell do i want to be a stepmum) or an ex which hes still not over/in his life.

im 20 in 4 months btw
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by wikiellie
My fiancé is also 'much' older than me, and we have experienced similar problems with our age-gap, such as people saying he's my dad etc. can I ask how much older your partner is? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's in his 50s, I've also had is he your dad. Ive also fallen out with family over it, because they can't accept our relationship and all I get from them is verbal abuse. Its hard sometimes but totally worth it. Hes an awesome caring guy. I don't use him for his money or anything, Im simply with him because I want to be :smile:
Sorry, I am 29. Guess I'm a bit old to be replying. But generally speaking, most girls I know are looking for someone a bit more responsible and that can support themselves. They don't like the lad that gets drunk constantly and doesn't have any aspirations in life. Some 40 year olds can be like that. Hopefully they have grown out of that phase by then. I am married to a 33 year old. I tried dating a younger guy once and it put me off. I'm not saying I'm a gold digger, it's just nice to have someone that is stable after those crazy uni years.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I was explaining from my point of view. No need for that comment. :s-smilie:

Sorry if I came down harsh, Precious Illusions. I didn't word it properly. :redface:

I was just trying to explain what DanB meant when he talked about the men that the hypothetical girls described seek.
25 but I tend to go for younger guys around 20ish. Mostly cause I'm a deeply screwed up individual who is incapable of maintaining a relationship for very long and younger guys are mostly after a bit of fun and don't want to get to know me.

I did once go on a date with a guy in his mid 40s but it made me very uncomfortable but that might just have been the guy :tongue:
Original post by carlaraptor

And please don't say 'that's what women care about', because you really don't speak for all of us. I really don't care if a guy is more sexually experienced, what 'status' he has, and I certainly don't care about how much money he has. I care about the actual person, because I'm not completely shallow.

Thank god for that.
I'm really attracted to older girls/women in the age range 29-35. When I find someone I am attracted to and it turns out the girl is actually in her late 20s or early 30s, I just think that is so cool.
Original post by carlaraptor
I care about confidence, I care about how intelligent a man is, and hell yeah I care about his sex game. I don't think that a man has to be older, to have those things. I don't need a guy to have a particular social status, or money. Maybe it's because I'm dating a guy who is particularly mature for his age?

I realise you said there was 'no need to respond', but I just wanted to say that. I do get what you're saying, I was approaching it differently. I guess it's clear I'm studying Humanities, and you're studying Psychology. :P I really wasn't trying to be rude.

What do you mean by sex game? Also how much do you like sex and how does it make you feel?
Original post by Anonymous
What do you mean by sex game? Also how much do you like sex and how does it make you feel?

Uh... how passionate/enjoyable they are in bed, I guess? I like sex a lot, like most people probably do. How much I love it depends on the person. I don't really enjoy sex without emotion, for example. Sex in a relationship is much more rewarding.
Original post by adele456
He's in his 50s, I've also had is he your dad. Ive also fallen out with family over it, because they can't accept our relationship and all I get from them is verbal abuse. Its hard sometimes but totally worth it. Hes an awesome caring guy. I don't use him for his money or anything, Im simply with him because I want to be :smile:

I've also had trouble with my family over my fiancé (despite my friends at university accepting him). I'm not looking forward to telling them of of our engagement! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really can't see what a uni student in their early 20s would have in common with a guy who is 10+ years older. I mean, he wouldn't even know what Recess or Hey Arnold were and was probably too old to be an S-Club 7 fan when they came out.
Reply 78
Original post by chinelady
Sorry, I am 29. Guess I'm a bit old to be replying. But generally speaking, most girls I know are looking for someone a bit more responsible and that can support themselves. They don't like the lad that gets drunk constantly and doesn't have any aspirations in life. Some 40 year olds can be like that. Hopefully they have grown out of that phase by then. I am married to a 33 year old. I tried dating a younger guy once and it put me off. I'm not saying I'm a gold digger, it's just nice to have someone that is stable after those crazy uni years.

I ain't saying she a gold digger.... but she aint messin with no broke...
Reply 79
21 and I prefer guys to be older than me generally, 3+ years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending