The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Ahh thanks for telling me!
Where was Hogarth advertised? I didn't see it advertised on the Gateway.
Its advertised on their website... deadline was 20th Feb 2015 according to that
Original post by filthynines
Where was Hogarth advertised? I didn't see it advertised on the Gateway.

They only have to advertise on the Gateway for two weeks - so I suppose they must have done this when their applications opened (November, I think), or even before that.

This site has a list of chambers offering pupillage, many of which are not currently listed on the Gateway:

http://www.indx.co.uk/pupilbase/

It's a bit heavy to dig through, but if you "sort by deadline" and scroll down you'll start seeing the forthcoming deadlines (next I can see is "Church Court Chambers" on the 27th Feb).

You can see that most of those left this year have a deadline of 30/04/2015, which is the Gateway deadline, but I wouldn't assume that these will be advertised there, or that applications will be made through the Gateway.
Reply 164
In case anyone is interested, I am recruiting a legal assistant to assist me in chambers for 2015/2016. Its in Manchester: MMU BPTC students will have the attached advert distributed to them by the university, but if you are likely to be living in Manchester from the summer or know someone who will be and might be interested, please let them know.

See the attached for details. Closing date for applications is 20.3.15, start date is negotiable, but as my existing assistant starts her pupillage in April, a start soon after the BPTC year ends would be great.

I won't be monitoring this thread, so if you have queries, use the email address in the advert.

Thanks.
Thanks typonaut; that's a great help.
Reply 166
Any news from quadrant post opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jiffer
Any news from quadrant post opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not heard anything, hopefully just running a bit late!
Reply 168
Quadrant invites to stage 3 are out by email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
FTB interviews out by email
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anybody heard from Guildhall Chambers re: its property & estates pupillage? Getting tight for early-to-mid March for interviews.
Reply 171
Guildhall chambers invites out by email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jiffer
Guildhall chambers invites out by email

Posted from TSR Mobile

My wait begins then. Roughly what time did you receive yours, please?
Reply 173
10:50 am - good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks very much. Would also be interested to hear from anybody who has received a rejection from Guildhall, just to see whether I should expect an email, letter, or silence.

edit: Though looking at the acknowledgement email from Jan it appears that there should be some sort of notification either way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 175
Has anyone received a final round invite from 4 Pump Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejection emails for Guildhall also out. GL to those being interviewed. Onto the next one...
Reply 177
Rejection letters from 4 Pump Court by post :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hogarth changed their deadline date on their website....suspicious
Original post by Marcus65
Hogarth changed their deadline date on their website....suspicious

Now stating 19th Feb 2016 - so advertising now for next year, perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending