The Student Room Group

TOP 5 most prestigious degrees' ??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
:facepalm:

I've just checked and LSE don't to vet med, you ought to get your sources right next time mate
Original post by hukdealz
I've just checked and LSE don't to vet med, you ought to get your sources right next time mate

You really are smart. You're going places.

Note: I really hope you were being sarcastic and didn't actually check whether or not the LSE offered Vet Med. I'd be gravely concerned otherwise.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 82
You really are smart. You're going places.

Note: I really hope you were being sarcastic and didn't actually check whether or not the LSE offered Vet Med. I'd be gravely concerned otherwise.

Haha... You've got to admit it was funny though :biggrin:

(Or he's sarcastic too and is playing with us!)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by *Stefan*
Haha... You've got to admit it to funny though :biggrin:

(Or he's sarcastic too and is playing with us!)

Could be but not really sure how anyone would actually believe that the London School of Economics and Political Science to give it it's full title would offer Vet Sci.

But then again the UCLAN are now offering Medicine so even nonsense can become real.

I'm a graduate of Princeton Law School so I should know :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you mean degrees where we go "oh ok"? Or what might be good in a social setting to brag?

Anything to do with maths has my respect (something like aerospace engineering or something funky would be top of the list, something not many do). As does computer science as I am supposedly smart and would need those skills professionally, yet I suck at it. So they have my respect.

Everything else is whatever.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SarcasticMel
Didn't you mean to ask any more so?

I really don't know. The joke didn't go unnoticed by most TSRians so hence the facepalm when being told Bath and LSE don't offer those subjects.

But there's always one, two I guess.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hukdealz
Bath don't offer medicine?

Of course it does

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/mdms/
Reply 87
- Criminology
- Criminology
- Criminology
- Criminology
- Criminology
1. Maths (Particularly computing)
2. Engineering (Aero/Electronic) / Physics
3. Medicine/Dentistry/Vet Med/Bio Med/ Anything med
4. Law (Top 10ish unis, after that the degree carries no value)
5. PPE
(edited 9 years ago)
Law? really?

Lol

I meant the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree that allows you to practice Medicine. But I think you knew that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Thahleel
1. Maths (Particularly computing)
2. Engineering (Aero/Electronic) / Physics
3. Medicine/Dentistry/Vet Med/Bio Med/ Anything med
4. Law (Top 10ish unis, after that the degree carries no value)
5. PPE

I'm not sure Engineering or Biomed from say Plymouth or Bangor would be so highly regarded.
I really don't know. The joke didn't go unnoticed by most TSRians so hence the facepalm when being told Bath and LSE don't offer those subjects.

But there's always one, two I guess.

1. I don't think the person did not notice the joke, why else would he be surprised to here Bath does not offer medicine (i.e. he picked up everything else on the list doesn't exist and was surprised that Bath doesn't in fact offer medicine).

2. The fact that Bath not offering medicine is some sort of inside joke on TSR is completely irrelevant.
Reply 93
Medicine at Bath is a bit like fight club is it not?
I'm not sure Engineering or Biomed from say Plymouth or Bangor would be so highly regarded.

Electronics at Bangor is quite highly regarded actually, but that's not the point, I'm assuming that anyone reading this is considering a serious university (top 25 at least)
Electronics at Bangor is quite highly regarded actually, but that's not the point, I'm assuming that anyone reading this is considering a serious university (top 25 at least)

Probably but as you pointed out with top 25 for Engineering the most reputable choices would be Oxbridge, Imperial and then other RG universities in terms of teaching quality and career prospects/placement.
Probably but as you pointed out with top 25 for Engineering the most reputable choices would be Oxbridge, Imperial and then other RG universities in terms of teaching quality and career prospects/placement.

Not always, universities like Surrey and Bath are great for engineering, yet ain't in the set you mentioned. And universities like Cardiff and Liverpool aren't even known in the engineering world.
Not always, universities like Surrey and Bath are great for engineering, yet ain't in the set you mentioned. And universities like Cardiff and Liverpool aren't even known in the engineering world.

Note I didn't say ALL the RG universities, simply other RG universities.
1. Medicine/Dentistry
2. Law [Jurisprudence]
3. Economics [Politics and Philosophy]
4. Mathematics/Actuarial Science
5. Engineering

Then come things like English, History, Computer Science, Pharmacy etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Raymat
1. Medicine/Dentistry
2. Law (Jurisprudence)
3. Economics [Politics and Philosophy]
4. Mathematics/Actuarial Science
5. Engineering

Then come things like English, History, Computer Science, Pharmacy etc.

So law is only worth it at Oxford? Pretty limited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending