The Student Room Group

How many houses do you/your parents have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NutE
We actually are, that's the funniest bit. My parents choose to do stupid things at the wrong time. Our household income is well below 14k (don't want to say the exact figure for obvious reasons). People think we're well off but no, we struggle every single day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How the heck did you get two houses? :tongue:

Sorry for being a knob :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 42
My dad has a house with my step mum and my mum shares a house with someone.

How comes you have so many houses?
Reply 43
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
How the heck did you get two houses? :tongue:

I have no frickin idea. When my parents first moved here they were homeless for quite a while. So my parents have done brilliantly for themselves! They got two houses because apparently it'll be difficult for our generation to buy their own house or something (I don't understand all this mortgage stuff). So they plan on giving these houses to two of us children. I'll be getting the one we currently live in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 I think, me and my sister own them officially but they're basically my parents.
Original post by NutE
Our household income is well below 14k

don't be preposterous.
Reply 46
Original post by cambio wechsel
don't be preposterous.

I'm not. It says the actual figure on the tax credit sheet I looked at when applying for student finance this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 because who needs more than 1?
14, but the others are being rented to.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You're not poor either.
Whilst I agree fundamentally with what you're saying, there is a big difference between being asset rich and cash rich. As stated previously my parents (grandparents really) have 3 houses, 3 hotels and somewhere between 15 and 20 apartments in Portugal, however, as a family we still struggle and rarely see the benefit from all the hard work my family as a whole put in.

EDIT: Spelling
Original post by Sacred Ground
1 because who needs more than 1?

You only need one to live in but you can have another and rent it out to tennants.
Original post by NutE
I'm not. It says the actual figure on the tax credit sheet I looked at when applying for student finance this year!

it is actually impossible* for a household in the UK to have an income of 14K, never mind less than that.

*I mean, formally impossible: you would have to refuse in-work benefits.
i have 6 siblings and they all have at least one house and my dad has a few as well. Most of them are rented out or property developing projects so idk if it counts
Reply 53
Original post by Princepieman
Chill out. No need to get so hostile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not hostile.
I have 2 in my name but my parents own 6 in the UK and 3 abroad (2 houses in HK and 1 in Spain)
Original post by Valyrian
I have 2 in my name but my parents own 6 in the UK and 3 abroad (2 houses in HK and 1 in Spain)

:eek:
I swear you are only 17?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only on TSR. :lol:
Reply 59
Two - my family moved from London back in the 90s but kept the house, we currently live in New Jersey so we've got our house here and the house back in London (though we rent that one out, so we don't stay there when we're in London)

Quick Reply

Latest