The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by AnnekaChan173
They look at the overall and combine the sections to generate a score. I think they said something like if you got like a 2 in Section 1/2 they wouldn't look at your application any further. Pretty sure I've got a 2B at this point so

Oh that's not so bad then, at least we have a chance of boosting our scores with the other sections (:
Original post by lowacin
Oh that's not so bad then, at least we have a chance of boosting our scores with the other sections (:

I guess... I'm praying at this point hahaha. I think we find out by mid December?
Reply 42
I guess... I'm praying at this point hahaha. I think we find out by mid December?

Ahh so far away! Haha, this is my first choice I want to go here more than anything!
Reply 43

If you're talking about BMAT results, we get them on the 25th of November :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I called admission and they never mention individual cutoffs. Isn't our score in section added together to make an overall score?
Original post by lowacin
Ahh so far away! Haha, this is my first choice I want to go here more than anything!

Same here omgggggg
Original post by Barely
If you're talking about BMAT results, we get them on the 25th of November :smile:

Nah, interviews. I did a bit of stalking, they sent out interview invites last year by mid December.

Original post by Lightingspeed
I called admission and they never mention individual cutoffs. Isn't our score in section added together to make an overall score?

Yeah, it's just that if you flop S1/2 and get like a 1/2, they won't consider your application. Its like how some unis won't accept you with less than 500 average in each section of the UKCAT, or with a Band 4. Makes sense, to be honest.
Reply 46
Same here omgggggg

Nah, interviews. I did a bit of stalking, they sent out interview invites last year by mid December.

Yeah, it's just that if you flop S1/2 and get like a 1/2, they won't consider your application. Its like how some unis won't accept you with less than 500 average in each section of the UKCAT, or with a Band 4. Makes sense, to be honest.

I got my interview on the 15th of January so dont be disapointed if you dont get one by the end of December!
For BMAT they interview around the top 500 people but they reject scores below 3 for section 1&2 and a grade D/E for section 3
Original post by LSomers
I got my interview on the 15th of January so dont be disapointed if you dont get one by the end of December!
For BMAT they interview around the top 500 people but they reject scores below 3 for section 1&2 and a grade D/E for section 3

Thank you!
Does anyone have any idea of the number of applicants to BSMS this year?
Original post by sanjog.banstola
Does anyone have any idea of the number of applicants to BSMS this year?

They told me they have 200 more than last year when I phoned. Also hey no pressure, they have our UKCAT scores now ^^'
They told me they have 200 more than last year when I phoned. Also hey no pressure, they have our UKCAT scores now ^^'

BMAT scores aren't out till 25th Nov - BSMS don't use UKCAT at all so we have a longer wait.
Original post by amityville
BMAT scores aren't out till 25th Nov - BSMS don't use UKCAT at all so we have a longer wait.

*BMAT, I was half awake. Pretty sure the unis get our BMAT before us, though.
Reply 52
*BMAT, I was half awake. Pretty sure the unis get our BMAT before us, though.

Only the day before with BMAT :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBadgerOfDeath
Good luck everyone, I applied last year although didn't do well enough in the BMAT to get an interview, but that's in the past, onwards and upwards! If there's anything anyone wants to know about, I'm probably not the best person to ask but I'll try my best 😄👍
With regards cutoff, the admissions team informed me that for 2015 it was around 15, and from what I remember there were roughly 1100 applicants last year, with around 350-400 being invited to interview. Here is a link to some useful information that that a crazy person (she seems crazy) got from bsms admissions:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bsms_a100_interview_statistics_f

Hi thanks for the FOI request link and info about last year's cutoff.

Good luck for this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Anyone else up awaiting BMAT results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lowacin
Anyone else up awaiting BMAT results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep :smile: 22 mins to go :0
Reply 56
Original post by Nadia.barakat
yep :smile: 22 mins to go :0

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do? I'm pretty disappointed with 5.4 3.6 3A :/
Reply 57
4.7, 5.9 and 2.5 B would that be suffice? XD
Original post by lowacin
Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do? I'm pretty disappointed with 5.4 3.6 3A :/

well done!
I did okay. I got 5.4 4.5 3.5A. not sure if i'll make the cutoff tho cos it was 15.1 last year and I only got 13.4 :/
Reply 59
4.2, 2.8. 3A. Is this gonna be too low for Brighton????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending