The Student Room Group

Liverpool act more like an aggressive cult than a football club

The sense of victimhood, the idea that everything is a conspiracy against them, the death threats for those that disagree. I am sure there is a term Scousaphobia.

Really, it is just a game, Shankly was joking when he said it was more important than life and death.

http://thesatedire.com/sport/liverpool-f-c-to-punish-cartoons-of-shankly-with-death/
Reply 1
Great thread. Tell me more.
Reply 2
Original post by Damien96
The sense of victimhood, the idea that everything is a conspiracy against them, the death threats for those that disagree. I am sure there is a term Scousaphobia.

Really, it is just a game, Shankly was joking when he said it was more important than life and death.

http://thesatedire.com/sport/liverpool-f-c-to-punish-cartoons-of-shankly-with-death/

:redface:
Reply 3
I must say I'm deeply shocked to discover that Shankly wasn't being serious when he made his famous quote.

How can I ever now trust anything any manager says ?
(edited 8 years ago)
The bizarre cult are the people who are obsessed with complaining about scousers. You see them on different football forums complaining about Liverpool fans campaigning for justice for Hillsborough and telling them they should get over it and they are whinging scousers etc. Get a life.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The bizarre cult are the people who are obsessed with complaining about scousers. You see them on different football forums complaining about Liverpool fans campaigning for justice for Hillsborough and telling them they should get over it and they are whinging scousers etc. Get a life.

Probably because it's true... the truth is out, I'm not really sure what more they want tbh?
Reply 6
Original post by MagicNMedicine

The problem is when there are any dissenting voices they get shut down and threatened. The Internet will always be full of trolls and pricks celebrating tragedy but this doesn't justify the death threats.

I do partly agree with you though.
Reply 7
Original post by moggis
I must say I'm deeply shocked to discover that Shankly wasn't being serious when he made his famous quote.

How can I ever now trust anything any manager says ?

At least it's more interesting than the post match interviews with players I suppose. The gaffer said take it one game at a time blah blah blah

Quick Reply

Latest