The Student Room Group

The Walking Dead

Scroll to see replies

Damn, that finale was pretty dark. So unpleasant.

I think Rick messed up by not returning to the camp when things seemed hopeless.

It appears that his successes made him a little arrogant in the sense he presumed he would not encounter anyone who has adapted to this new world as well as or better than him. He was outmaneuvered so well it was painful to watch.

Bets on the person that's been killed? Guessing it's a male.
Thought the season finale was good. Saviours were toying with the group. Negan's scene went better than expected. Cant wait for season 7.

My bets are on Rosita, Sasha, Eugene or Abraham.
(edited 8 years ago)
This review pretty much sums it up for me:

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/walking-dead-season-finale-swings-misses-234745

Especially this part, which sums up TWD season 6 perfectly:

"This is lousy, manipulative storytelling, a cliffhanger that robs a powerful moment (because good or bad, watching Negan beat someone we kind of like to death would’ve been powerful) of its effect for the mercenary purpose of dragging this nonsense out just a little bit further. When you’re telling a story, you want your audience to keep watching, so sometimes you use tricks to keep them watching, but the promise between you and your viewers is that those tricks will never get in the way of the story itself. The tricks will never become the point. But for The Walking Dead, the tricks are all that’s left. The show can only dangle poisoned treats in front of us, dropping them month by month, year by year, until we finally choke on them."
Episode was a piece of sh*t. The acting was superb, Negan was good but that cliff hanger was BS. They took one of the most iconic moments in the entire series and turned it to sh*t. :noway:
I just saw Season 5 (it became free on my Kindle) and it was pretty good. The bit where Carol leads the zombies to Terminus and shoots the lady in the leg is so satisfying. And the bit where the cannibals kidnap Bob and eat his leg and then they realise he had been bitten..

Hopefully Season 6 is good.. Apparently Glenn dies?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I just saw Season 5 (it became free on my Kindle) and it was pretty good. The bit where Carol leads the zombies to Terminus and shoots the lady in the leg is so satisfying. And the bit where the cannibals kidnap Bob and eat his leg and then they realise he had been bitten..

Hopefully Season 6 is good.. Apparently Glenn dies?

STAY AWAY FROM HERE DON'T SPOIL IT FOR YOURSELF :woo: :afraid:
Original post by Zuki
STAY AWAY FROM HERE DON'T SPOIL IT FOR YOURSELF :woo: :afraid:

I don't mind spoilers too much haha. But I hope he doesn't. Glenn is love. Glenn is life.
I think Glenn got Lucilled, although they do tend to change things from the comics so maybe it's someone else? :dontknow:
Episode was good, but stupid cliff-hanger stopped it from being great.

Now we have to wait 6 months to find out who got Lucilled. Tension=gone.
Original post by Rk2k14
Episode was good, but stupid cliff-hanger stopped it from being great.

Now we have to wait 6 months to find out who got Lucilled. Tension=gone.

Completely agree. It would've been better to have at least someone get Lucilled, and have another person be the cliffhanger death - it would make sense as Negan is pissed that so many of the Saviours have been murdered by Rick and co. I think people have counted upwards of 50 Saviours being killed by the Survivors?
Original post by Pathway
Completely agree. It would've been better to have at least someone get Lucilled, and have another person be the cliffhanger death - it would make sense as Negan is pissed that so many of the Saviours have been murdered by Rick and co. I think people have counted upwards of 50 Saviours being killed by the Survivors?

Yeah, a lot of Saviours died but don't think they're low on numbers, having watched that episode:biggrin:.

Typical of TWD to leave us on a cliffhanger.
not sure if people have already seen/heard this but this could indicate that glenn took the beating of lucille. I understand that Kirkman did say he regret killing glenn in the comics, and therefore would mean he wouldnt want to in the show however, knowing how much the show has followed the comic throughout this season; it still is a valid point to say Glenn may die.....

Here is a leaked audio recording:

http://carl-greyems.tumblr.com/private/142035415291/tumblr_o4xdeaiypi1v88mdc
Original post by Rk2k14
Yeah, a lot of Saviours died but don't think they're low on numbers, having watched that episode:biggrin:.

Typical of TWD to leave us on a cliffhanger.

Definitely not! I think JDM did really well with his role as Negan too.

Yeah. AMC loves their cliffhangers, eh? :sad: I just wanna know who's dead, lmao.
Original post by Synonym
not sure if people have already seen/heard this but this could indicate that glenn took the beating of lucille. I understand that Kirkman did say he regret killing glenn in the comics, and therefore would mean he wouldnt want to in the show however, knowing how much the show has followed the comic throughout this season; it still is a valid point to say Glenn may die.....

Here is a leaked audio recording:

http://carl-greyems.tumblr.com/private/142035415291/tumblr_o4xdeaiypi1v88mdc

Yeah I heard that recording too (part of the reason why I think it's Glenn as well).

Guess we gotta wait til October though. :unimpressed:
A lot of leaked audio being thrown about, which suggests that its just BS. Also, don't think they'd kill someone like Glenn off camera.

My biggest bet is Abraham. Took that beating "like a champ" and Kirkman did say he regretted killing Abraham off too early (Denise took his place).
Original post by Pathway
Yeah I heard that recording too (part of the reason why I think it's Glenn as well).

Guess we gotta wait til October though. :unimpressed:

6 bloody months...
Original post by Rk2k14
A lot of leaked audio being thrown about, which suggests that its just BS. Also, don't think they'd kill someone like Glenn off camera.

My biggest bet is Abraham. Took that beating "like a champ" and Kirkman did say he regretted killing Abraham off too early (Denise took his place).

They could've showed us that angle to leave it as a cliffhanger though, then next season's premier might start off from there and show the beating from a different angle? A lot of people think it's gonna be someone from the Atlanta 5, so Rick, Carl, Daryl or Glenn at this point (Carol obviously is going to the Kingdom with Morgan so she doesn't count). But I do agree it could also potentially be Abraham.

Idk.

Gimple is ****ing with my emotions.
Just wait I bet the first episode won't even show it, it'll be something with Carol and Morgan knowing TWD...
Intersting article. Lot of theories circulating about the use of 1st person POV. Michonne?

https://www.popsugar.co.uk/celebrity/Walking-Dead-Theory-About-Negan-Victim-First-Person-40817458#photo-40817458
I'd guess at Abraham, or Glenn.

Abraham, as he avoided the character's intended fate when Denise switched in and took an arrow for him. He also made a few comments about his future with Sasha, wanting children etc. which is never a good omen. Also stood up to Negan.

Glenn, if they're staying true to the comics. The POV shots from inside the van throughout may have been through the eyes of the same person as at the end, as the article posted above suggests, and that'd mean that it's one of the 4 who were in the van. Glenn would be the obvious candidate.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest