Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Walking Dead

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been watching this?

Been wanting to get round to it for a while, and just finished watching the first episode.

I must admit, I do enjoy a good zombie-fest, and this is shaping up nicely.

It's got Adam Lincoln as a Police Sheriff, for those that aren't aware of it at all.

Hopefully this thread will build-up to a discussion of the show.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Looking to get into this. Going to watch the first episode tomorrow. I've been reading the comics and they're really good though I've been told the show goes off in a different direction at a certain point.
    I managed to get through five episodes yesterday.

It's continued to be good, imo, as it's a fairly sophisticated zombie concept: the usual zombies, but they seem constantly dangerous and the survivors have actual stories and interactions rather than just existing as zombie-fodder.

Intend to polish off the first series in a bit with the sixth episode. :awesome:
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes I watched it. Interesting how much they changed the story from the graphic novels.
    I liked the series but I prefer the graphic novels despite them being very dark and grim.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Utterly, utterly brilliant. Cinematic quality in hour long chunks, cant wait for the 2nd series in Oct.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    AWW the walking dead is ACE!

I loved watching it
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amazing show. Definitely looking forward to October!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Walking Dead rocks, can't wait for the new series!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Only good zombie series I know of. Really enjoyed the first series and sooooo looking forward to series 2.

My favourite character is glenn he is so sick! Especially when they were stuck in the city at the beginning
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    New series in October?

Wow that year since the last ones gone so quick!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    so good

like a zombie drama that makes my mum cry
    and i like the old man
    oops i've said too much
    he's just a man...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My family loved this!

(I really like the opening credits. I haven't appreciated a show's opening credits since I first saw CSI )
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Yes I watched it. Interesting how much they changed the story from the graphic novels.
    I liked the series but I prefer the graphic novels despite them being very dark and grim.
    Would you say it's worth me reading them, then? Where's the best place to get hold of them from?

(Original post by Trigger)
    Utterly, utterly brilliant. Cinematic quality in hour long chunks, cant wait for the 2nd series in Oct.
    Agreed. The character development is excellent, imo, for a series of its nature.

I like a good zombie film, but they're often prone to melodrama, too much tension or - conversely - not enough and the main offender: cardboard cut-out characters. The Walking Dead's character development, building of tension and plotline have all been fantastic. Likewise, every actor has played their character well and, unlike zombie films, it isn't rife with pointless, screaming, "he's going to die next" characters.

(Original post by gozatron)
    New series in October?

Wow that year since the last ones gone so quick!
    It seems such a long way off. :sad:

What did everyone think of the finale? :holmes:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact that it is about the characters and the zombies are a secondary element. Its about human relationships.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    Would you say it's worth me reading them, then? Where's the best place to get hold of them from?
    Yes I would. And to get hold of them, well you could try the Internet like amazon.com although a month ago or so I saw them being sold in my lcoal HMV.

I like the fact that it is about the characters and the zombies are a secondary element. Its about human relationships.
    Very much so, especially highlighted in the graphic novels. Gangs form and not all are friendly. I think it's volume three or four in which the story gets especially dark.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed the first series, I watched it with my family when it first came out Can't wait for it to continue!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love that show! It only just came out here so I've only seen the first episode but so far so good!
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its really good!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    D'oh, I thought you were going to say the new series was starting soon!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same here
    Even though they have changed stuff from the graphic novels I still think it is a fantastic reconstruction since I'm a big zombie fan I seem to be the most critical when it comes to anything to do with them (books, video games, comics, graphic novels, movies etc) so it's nice that my mind didn't criticise this TV series too much and roll on series two!

I saw an advertisement for the walking dead on a huge billboard and suffice to say I wet my panties with excitement /tmi
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Only wish it could've been a longer series to be honest I saw it ages ago though, must've been out in the US much earlier I spose.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 27, 2014
New on TSR

Talk about SQA results day

Join the chat ahead of grades coming out on Tuesday

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.