The Student Room Group

The Walking Dead

Anyone been watching this?

Been wanting to get round to it for a while, and just finished watching the first episode.

I must admit, I do enjoy a good zombie-fest, and this is shaping up nicely.

It's got Adam Lincoln as a Police Sheriff, for those that aren't aware of it at all.

Hopefully this thread will build-up to a discussion of the show.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Looking to get into this. Going to watch the first episode tomorrow. I've been reading the comics and they're really good though I've been told the show goes off in a different direction at a certain point.

I managed to get through five episodes yesterday. :colondollar:

It's continued to be good, imo, as it's a fairly sophisticated zombie concept: the usual zombies, but they seem constantly dangerous and the survivors have actual stories and interactions rather than just existing as zombie-fodder.

Intend to polish off the first series in a bit with the sixth episode. :awesome:
Yes I watched it. Interesting how much they changed the story from the graphic novels.
I liked the series but I prefer the graphic novels despite them being very dark and grim.
Reply 3
Utterly, utterly brilliant. Cinematic quality in hour long chunks, cant wait for the 2nd series in Oct.
Reply 4
AWW the walking dead is ACE!

I loved watching it :biggrin:
Amazing show. Definitely looking forward to October! :biggrin:
Walking Dead rocks, can't wait for the new series!
Only good zombie series I know of. Really enjoyed the first series and sooooo looking forward to series 2.

My favourite character is glenn he is so sick! Especially when they were stuck in the city at the beginning
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
New series in October?

Wow that year since the last ones gone so quick!
so good

like a zombie drama that makes my mum cry
and i like the old man
oops i've said too much
he's just a man...
My family loved this!

(I really like the opening credits. I haven't appreciated a show's opening credits since I first saw CSI :biggrin:)
Reply 11
Original post by thunder_chunky
Yes I watched it. Interesting how much they changed the story from the graphic novels.
I liked the series but I prefer the graphic novels despite them being very dark and grim.

Would you say it's worth me reading them, then? Where's the best place to get hold of them from?

Original post by Trigger
Utterly, utterly brilliant. Cinematic quality in hour long chunks, cant wait for the 2nd series in Oct.

Agreed. The character development is excellent, imo, for a series of its nature.

I like a good zombie film, but they're often prone to melodrama, too much tension or - conversely - not enough and the main offender: cardboard cut-out characters. The Walking Dead's character development, building of tension and plotline have all been fantastic. Likewise, every actor has played their character well and, unlike zombie films, it isn't rife with pointless, screaming, "he's going to die next" characters.

Original post by gozatron
New series in October?

Wow that year since the last ones gone so quick!

It seems such a long way off. :sad:

What did everyone think of the finale? :holmes:
Reply 12
I like the fact that it is about the characters and the zombies are a secondary element. Its about human relationships.
Original post by zjs
Would you say it's worth me reading them, then? Where's the best place to get hold of them from?

Yes I would. And to get hold of them, well you could try the Internet like amazon.com although a month ago or so I saw them being sold in my lcoal HMV.

Original post by Trigger
I like the fact that it is about the characters and the zombies are a secondary element. Its about human relationships.

Very much so, especially highlighted in the graphic novels. Gangs form and not all are friendly. I think it's volume three or four in which the story gets especially dark.
I really enjoyed the first series, I watched it with my family when it first came out :smile: Can't wait for it to continue!
Reply 15
I love that show! It only just came out here so I've only seen the first episode but so far so good!
Its really good!
D'oh, I thought you were going to say the new series was starting soon!
Reply 18
Original post by Trigger

Same here :colone:
Even though they have changed stuff from the graphic novels I still think it is a fantastic reconstruction since I'm a big zombie fan I seem to be the most critical when it comes to anything to do with them (books, video games, comics, graphic novels, movies etc) so it's nice that my mind didn't criticise this TV series too much and roll on series two! :colondollar:

I saw an advertisement for the walking dead on a huge billboard and suffice to say I wet my panties with excitement /tmi
Reply 19
Only wish it could've been a longer series to be honest :biggrin: I saw it ages ago though, must've been out in the US much earlier I spose.

Quick Reply

Latest