The Student Room Group

What colour shoes would go with a purple dress?

Hi guys,

I posted a thread a while ago asking what to wear to a wedding, and I've finally found a nice purple dress which I will (hopefully) be wearing. To go with it, I've also got a blue and purple necklace, and a stone and gold clutch bag.

I'd like to know, what colour shoes do you think would go best with this outfit?

Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Purple or black or gold
Original post by hxfsxh
Purple or black or gold

This is what I was thinking :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi guys,

I posted a thread a while ago asking what to wear to a wedding, and I've finally found a nice purple dress which I will (hopefully) be wearing. To go with it, I've also got a blue and purple necklace, and a stone and gold clutch bag.

I'd like to know, what colour shoes do you think would go best with this outfit?

Do you have a picture of the dress and accessories?
Original post by jenigma
Do you have a picture of the dress and accessories?

Yes, here's the dress, bag and necklace :smile:
Yes, here's the dress, bag and necklace :smile:

I'd say stick with simple, black shoes so you don't take any attention away from the dress. And also the necklace would be nicer if it were the same colour as purse too!
Original post by jenigma
I'd say stick with simple, black shoes so you don't take any attention away from the dress. And also the necklace would be nicer if it were the same colour as purse too!

I chose that bag because I read that being too colour coordinated is a bad thing? I'm not very good at fashion :redface:
I'd say black would be best. Purple shoes could look good but there's also a chance they could take attention away from the dress.
I chose that bag because I read that being too colour coordinated is a bad thing? I'm not very good at fashion :redface:

You're only colour coordinating one thing really, the purse and necklace. Everything else is a different colour.
Original post by jenigma
You're only colour coordinating one thing really, the purse and necklace. Everything else is a different colour.

So you think black would be best for the shoes then? :smile:
So you think black would be best for the shoes then? :smile:

Yep :smile:
Original post by jenigma
Yep :smile:

Thank you! :h:
Hi guys,

yellow
Original post by ODES_PDES
yellow

I'm going to go with black now I think, thanks though :h:
I think if you could get a nude with perhaps gold detail that matches your clutch that would be perfect. Unless you are thinking of getting thin strapped heels (like the ones the model is wearing) i personally feel you will have too many colours going on and the clutch may look quite random! Nude is all in at the moment, theres so many different style of nude shoe about, i think that would look awesome!
Original post by oonic0rn
I think if you could get a nude with perhaps gold detail that matches your clutch that would be perfect. Unless you are thinking of getting thin strapped heels (like the ones the model is wearing) i personally feel you will have too many colours going on and the clutch may look quite random! Nude is all in at the moment, theres so many different style of nude shoe about, i think that would look awesome!

Thank you, I will consider that :h:
Black, gold, gunmetal, nude...(will make your legs look longer if you aren't wearing tights...)
Black or golden would be nice :smile: Very nice dress Leviathan1741
Original post by CarolJenner
Black or golden would be nice :smile: Very nice dress Leviathan1741

Thanks! Let's hope it fits haha :h:
Reply 19
Metallic/silver. mshh2.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest