The Student Room Group

Student finance for the 2nd year, a few questions!

Hi. Im currently a first year, living in a house already with mates from sixth form, as we all came to University in Manchester and thought we may as well live together, rather than in halls. As you know then finance goes off of household income when we lived with parents. My question is for second year, when re-applying, does it still decide how much money you get using your parents household income? My mum moved out since then into a house with her partner, whilst my room is moved to my brothers house, meaning my home is technically there back home now. Thanks!
Original post by futureocean
Hi. Im currently a first year, living in a house already with mates from sixth form, as we all came to University in Manchester and thought we may as well live together, rather than in halls. As you know then finance goes off of household income when we lived with parents. My question is for second year, when re-applying, does it still decide how much money you get using your parents household income? My mum moved out since then into a house with her partner, whilst my room is moved to my brothers house, meaning my home is technically there back home now. Thanks!

Unless you now meet independent student criteria then yes its still off your parents.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Unless you now meet independent student criteria then yes its still off your parents.

Thanks a lot! Also, now that back home i live with my brother, will next years finance be off of his income as thats my household? Or still my mums (who i dont actually live with anymore)? Thank you :smile:
Thanks a lot! Also, now that back home i live with my brother, will next years finance be off of his income as thats my household? Or still my mums (who i dont actually live with anymore)? Thank you :smile:

I m afraid technically it will be your mum and her partner's income as they wont count your sibling as someone who is supposed to support you.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I m afraid technically it will be your mum and her partner's income as they wont count your sibling as someone who is supposed to support you.

Okay thanks. So i will have to reapply and tell them im living with my brother as well as my mums household income even though i dont live there and she wouldnt be supporting me anymore, my brother would? And they will only take into account my mums?
Okay thanks. So i will have to reapply and tell them im living with my brother as well as my mums household income even though i dont live there and she wouldnt be supporting me anymore, my brother would? And they will only take into account my mums?

They will count your mum as sponsoring you I believe but you would put your brothers address as your non term time address i think. Give SFE a call to check as i m not 100% on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending