The Student Room Group

Student Finance after leaving my course

I received CertHE for my first year of 3 year course. My application was approved for 2nd year and in the beginning of 2nd year I suspended my studies due to health reasons and after suspending later withdrew from the course.

So I essentially completed my 1st year and then after been in 2nd year for one day could no longer attend and had to suspend my studies and after suspending I withdrew from the course.

If I want to study again, will Student Finance count this as 1 year of previous study or 2? Student finance for 2nd year was approved but I was only in uni for one day.

Thanks
Reply 1
I checked SFE page ant it shows in the 2nd year £2,312.50 of tuition fee loan (first payment out of 3) was paid to university. Does this count as a full year if I apply for Tuition fee loan after leaving my course?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by uni1998qlc
I received CertHE for my first year of 3 year course. My application was approved for 2nd year and in the beginning of 2nd year I suspended my studies due to health reasons and after suspending later withdrew from the course.

So I essentially completed my 1st year and then after been in 2nd year for one day could no longer attend and had to suspend my studies and after suspending I withdrew from the course.

If I want to study again, will Student Finance count this as 1 year of previous study or 2? Student finance for 2nd year was approved but I was only in uni for one day.

Thanks

Hi uni1998qlc,

Yes, this would count as 2 years previous study as you attended the course for year 2 at some point. If you are to attend a new full time course, you would likely need to self fund year 1 Tuition Fees. If you had Compelling Personal Reasons that affected your continuation of the course, you can potentially apply for the additional year of support. You would need to provide a cover letter explaining your circumstances along with evidence such as a letter from a 3rd party professional that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi uni1998qlc,

Yes, this would count as 2 years previous study as you attended the course for year 2 at some point. If you are to attend a new full time course, you would likely need to self fund year 1 Tuition Fees. If you had Compelling Personal Reasons that affected your continuation of the course, you can potentially apply for the additional year of support. You would need to provide a cover letter explaining your circumstances along with evidence such as a letter from a 3rd party professional that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

Thanks, Clare

Could you please explain how and when do I apply for additional year of support? Do I simply upload cover letter with evidence in my Student Finance account after applying for tuition loan? Thank you.
Original post by uni1998qlc
Could you please explain how and when do I apply for additional year of support? Do I simply upload cover letter with evidence in my Student Finance account after applying for tuition loan? Thank you.

Hi uni1998qlc,

You can upload this before or after, as it will be reviewed along with your application. I recommend uploading this at your earliest convenience to ensure that we have this on the system.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending