The Student Room Group

Retaking A-levels

Hi I just wanted to check wether universities like University of Surrey and Russel group universities accept students who retake their A-levels and if so do they ask for higher grades than what they offer students who did not retake their A-levels,

Many thanks.
Reply 1
I doubt they will ask higher grades. But u can apply early cuz u already got your actual grades
Reply 2
Reply 4
Original post by Ggdjhggg
Hi I just wanted to check wether universities like University of Surrey and Russel group universities accept students who retake their A-levels and if so do they ask for higher grades than what they offer students who did not retake their A-levels,

Many thanks.

Heya!
I don't think they will ask for higher grades if you retake your exams so don't worry :h: Very few courses in specific unis like medicine might not accept retakes, just double check on their website but usually it shouldn't be a problem! You can also contact their admissions team to ask the question.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind
Hi there, @Ggdjhggg!

As long as you achieved the required grade at the end, you will be fine. University of Surrey is very considerate of all applications from students and take into account different backgrounds and routes.

Of course, you're also free to contact the admissions team here to make sure, although they can't give any guarantees until your application is sent. However, they will be able to reassure you and encourage you to apply!

I hope this helps!

Marko
2nd Year Student in BSc Accounting and Finance

Quick Reply

Latest