The Student Room Group

Guys that are 'feminine'

I’m 17 and feel as though I’d be better off a girl sometimes. Idk, I like certain things that are considered ‘for a girl’ and most of my friends are female. I’ve been accused by certain people for being gay or transgender but I am 100% certain that is not the case
Anyone else have this problem (maybe someone I could pm about this don’t feel comfortable talking to anyone else)?

What would make you think a guy is girly and why is it bad?
Why is a guy having 'girly' interests such a turn off?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 17 and feel as though I’d be better off a girl sometimes. Idk, I like certain things that are considered ‘for a girl’ and most of my friends are female. I’ve been accused by certain people for being gay or transgender but I am 100% certain that is not the case
Anyone else have this problem (maybe someone I could pm about this don’t feel comfortable talking to anyone else)?

I’m a girl but I feel like I can relate.
I’ve always liked things that are considered masculine like certain sports or just overall have a stereotypical masculine outlook on life I don’t talk about my feelings often and my friends describe me as a dominant figure (don’t get me wrong, I love makeup and shopping etc).

I don’t think you’re ‘girly’, you just have interests (whatever these interests are) that don’t necessarily comply with what is expected of you socially and you shouldn’t feel bad about that.
You can pm me if you want because I also have no-one to talk to about this lol.

Don’t worry about it too much. I gets you:five:
anon fail?
anon fail?

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:
I’ve always liked things that are considered masculine like certain sports or just overall have a stereotypical masculine outlook on life I don’t talk about my feelings often and my friends describe me as a dominant figure (don’t get me wrong, I love makeup and shopping etc).

I don’t think you’re ‘girly’, you just have interests (whatever these interests are) that don’t necessarily comply with what is expected of you socially and you shouldn’t feel bad about that.

Yikes dude.

It depends there's a difference between being a bit more feminine and being like trans?

If you mean you're literally just a guy who might like somethings that are seen as girly, there's nothing wrong with that.

They say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness...
Reply 6
okay, I was being stupid. I'm actually a boy but gave myself a fake response to bump up the thread lol.
okay, I was being stupid. I'm actually a boy but gave myself a fake response to bump up the thread lol.

You need to specify whether or not you think you actually do feel better off as a girl, cause I can't relate to that but otherwise it's probably common.
Anyhow, just wanna say, I dont find "feminine" guys a turn off :h:

So are you male or female? Seeing as you replied to your own post, I'm not sure which to believe.
Reply 10

A lot of girls seem to like 'feminine' guys. Honestly, I'm a bit like that and I've had so many girls chasing after me...(I'm gay though).

Seeing how there's only a few minutes between OP and other post, and it likely took you a few minutes to post that second post... hmmm...

Anon because my boyfreind wouldn't want me to post this..

Anyhow, my boyfriend is completely masculine in public and doesn't have the guts to admit to family or friends that he wants to be femenine in some ways. He doesn't want to be female, but he wants to be able to wear dresses and skirts and pretty underwear. And pink things! And when he's with me, he does. And I love him for it. I'd still love him just as much without it, but it's gradually emerged during our relationship and I've accepted it as part of his personality. I've done his makeup and nails before, I've bought him pink pjamas he can wear when he stays over. I keep all these items at mine because I'm at uni and he's at home with family and doesn't want them to find out. We have a code in stores so that when he sees something he likes I'll pick it up in the right size and buy it.

Bless him, he threw out all his old undrwear and even a wig when he first met me for fear of ruining a relationship with me, and he thought I'd brea up with him when he told me how he felt.

So I completely understand your position. And to me it's perfectly normal. I just hope you someday build the confidence in other people to love you for who you are, because anything else is morally wrong.

Just reread that and it sounds like I'm trying to sell myself as an incredibly accepting and moral person, but I promise I'm just expressing my respect towards you!

Good luck to you :smile:
No it's cute. Don't worry sweety.
Those 5 minutes between response and fake response really pushed you far down the tables.

You definitely needed a bump. But at least you got someone willing to chat to about it. I mean, it's you, but take what you can get.
My favourite colour used to be pink when I was little but I had to suppress it :sad:

I have the opposite problem. Im female and am more like a guy, hate gifly stuff and chit chat. I was in the gym doing pull ups and later overheard some kids (who didnt know i was still in) say 'did you see that girl doing pull ups, that was beast' another one replied 'omg im sure shes a man in a womans body' then one of them saw me snd said 'shh shes here' then i heard laughing. Im only 4ft 11 so dont have the height of a man but people think i should have been one, always been a tomboy.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
My favourite colour used to be pink when I was little but I had to suppress it :sad:

**** that my favourite colour has always been purple. It's the colour of the dopest goalkeeper jerseys.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

:lovehug:
Original post by Little Popcorns
:lovehug:

:u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending