The Student Room Group

Should England leave the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Agreed, then Cornwall should become independent, London should also declare independence and be renamed to reflect its diversity. We should split the country down the old model of the Saxons with the old kingdoms.

Or we could just stop being muppets.
Reply 21
Original post by paul514
You know England is 84% of the U.K. Population right?

Yep. So say if 51% of England voted out but were kept in by a strong performance for IN in the Celtic regions.

You know this is a uk wide vote and doesn't need permission from all four nations?

Saying Scotland should vote to leave after this (which needs parliaments permission to even have that vote which won't happen) is like saying after a remain vote I would have voted out if I had known we were going to take our share of Syrian migrants in the eu.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes

I don't see what your point is.
Original post by Davij038
Yep. So say if 51% of England voted out but were kept in by a strong performance for IN in the Celtic regions.

Yes

I don't see what your point is.

The point is both are events that aren't unlikely and can be easily foreseen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by paul514
The point is both are events that aren't unlikely and can be easily foreseen
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you saying that scotland should have expected the tories or ukip to have won the GE and thus make a referendum hugely likely?

Nobody, least of all Cameron expected he would have a majority which is why he offered a referendum thinking he could give it up in a coalition again.
Are you saying that scotland should have expected the tories or ukip to have won the GE and thus make a referendum hugely likely?

Nobody, least of all Cameron expected he would have a majority which is why he offered a referendum thinking he could give it up in a coalition again.

I'm saying that the sentiment amongst the population was clear at the time of the referendum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by paul514
I'm saying that the sentiment amongst the population was clear at the time of the referendum
Posted from TSR Mobile

Not by such a huge margin though and they have since become near enough a one party state.
Not by such a huge margin though and they have since become near enough a one party state.

When a large section of the population wants something they get it, that's how politics works.

Ergo you have a referendum on the eu and it's the same reason they got one in Scotland too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Given the nature of the issue, you'd probably need two more referendums - one on leaving the UK, and one to confirm leaving the EU.
Reply 28
Original post by LongshotReturns
That'll be pretty weird because England actually Unites Scotland and Wales and that.

Wtf are you on about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending