The Student Room Group

When to start past papers purely for 4 A's? AS level

When should I be starting to solely do past papers (and finish learning content)? Or when should I have started haha
I'm aiming for 4A's

Any answers will be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by greys-anatomy
When should I be starting to solely do past papers (and finish learning content)? Or when should I have started haha
I'm aiming for 4A's

What subjects do you do?
I'm aiming for 4A's

You shouldve finished your content in march and begun ur past papers immediately.. I made the mistake of leaving content till mid April and started past papers towards the end... and it didn't go too well... but it's never to late, put your head down and finish the content ASAP and do past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LelouchViRuge
What subjects do you do?

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
History
:s-smilie:
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
History
:s-smilie:

For maths, you should have started grinding through those papers alreadyy

For History, I'd say as long as you have good exam technique and know how to formulate your points then a few papers should suffice.

Chemistry and Bio start late april
Original post by mrnazz00923
You shouldve finished your content in march and begun ur past papers immediately.. I made the mistake of leaving content till mid April and started past papers towards the end... and it didn't go too well... but it's never to late, put your head down and finish the content ASAP and do past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

for Maths C1 and S1 i am currently doing past papers and getting A's (but low A's)
Biology i feel i still have a lot of content left to learn
Chemistry i am doing past papers whilst learning the content at the same time
and History i do essays after i finish the topics

Is this a good stance to be in? Or do you still think i am somewhat behind?

Thank you so much for you reply tho :smile:
Original post by LelouchViRuge
For maths, you should have started grinding through those papers alreadyy

For History, I'd say as long as you have good exam technique and know how to formulate your points then a few papers should suffice.

Chemistry and Bio start late april

Thank you so much :smile:
I'm aiming for 4A's

I'm currently on A2 I think the best way is to do past papers as you go along. Do not leave it this late as exam techniques can often be the downfall of people getting high grades - especially if you're doing science subjects.
I start doing past papers on like January and even then I only do the questions I can do and mark myself in percentage.
Start now - even if you haven't completely finished the spec it'll save you a lot of stress trying to desperately do so many in a short space of time
There is no magic formula to success in exams, so no one can tell you when you should start doing papers, how much you should work etc. I would say that you should remember that past papers are not a substitute for properly understanding everything on the spec, and i would recommend that you ensure that you do whatever is required to make you feel confident going into the exam, whether that be having done lots of papers or having done really good notes etc
for Maths C1 and S1 i am currently doing past papers and getting A's (but low A's)
Biology i feel i still have a lot of content left to learn
Chemistry i am doing past papers whilst learning the content at the same time
and History i do essays after i finish the topics

Is this a good stance to be in? Or do you still think i am somewhat behind?

Thank you so much for you reply tho :smile:

That's not bad, but I'd recommend picking up the pace for biology, basically the mistake for bio I made last year was we relied on teachers and started content mid April and was still revising for unit 1 lol and unit 2 we had two chapters left so I didn't bother starting unit 2 revision but ideally you should have both units done by now at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just started doing past papers for A2 Chemistry. Am I too late?

Quick Reply

Latest