The Student Room Group

Going to uni in England from NI!

Hi 🙄
I've made the university of Chester my firm choice , but I'm really nervous about going to a place I know nobody ... Any advice
Ps do students in the uk like students from Northern Ireland lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peter75
Hi 🙄
I've made the university of Chester my firm choice , but I'm really nervous about going to a place I know nobody ... Any advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see why not? There's bound to be people who will approach you. Did you get in? Congratulations if you did! Be open to new opportunities, that's what I'll be doing
Original post by Peter75
Hi 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly congrats! I go to Uni in Liverpool, there's a lot of people from NI, from my experience we get on great!

Also I live in Chester, so any questions you want to ask about the place, feel free to ask away. Don't be nervous, I was but my reasons for being so were ill founded.

What course are you going to be doing?
Reply 3
Currently a second year from Northern Ireland studying in England, for me it's great! I seem to know a lot of the other Northern Irish people who go to the uni because we've spoken on nights out before when we recognised the accent so there's always friendly faces about. Also I've found most people will remember who you are whether it's your lecturer, bouncers from clubs, bar staff or random people you've previously spoken to on nights out. Everyone will probably love your accent but struggle to understand you at first for definite & they all get super excited for St Patrick's day when March comes because they get to celebrate it with a 'real irish person' lol. Also found they're quite welcoming and I've had my flatmates last year and my housemates this year invite me to come stay with them & their family in different parts of England when we get short breaks as I often don't see the point in paying for flights for a weeks visit so I've seen quite a lot of different cities in England now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending