The Student Room Group

law unis

i'm going to be sending off my ucas app in october and was thinking of putting down these unis: cambridge, lse, durham, bristol and maybe leeds/exeter
my ucas predictions are 3A*s but my school said realistically I'm getting A*AA, am i aiming too high uni wise? if so what uni is a good insurance one?
Id say choose one uni with AAB grade requirement so that can be lancaster for example or if you dont want to go that low go for some with AAA like uni of sheffiled. look I was predicted A*A*A but got A*AB, anything can happen and you dont want to be stressing out in clearance so aim high for 3 unis then middle for 1 and then relativly low for another 1.
thats my advice but its up to you good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by intheimageofGOD
Id say choose one uni with AAB grade requirement so that can be lancaster for example or if you dont want to go that low go for some with AAA like uni of sheffiled. look I was predicted A*A*A but got A*AB, anything can happen and you dont want to be stressing out in clearance so aim high for 3 unis then middle for 1 and then relativly low for another 1.
thats my advice but its up to you good luck.

thank you! yeah i reckon ill do what u say and do 2 lower ones just in case
Second that, a lot of people in England (not NI/Wales/Scotland) didn’t get their predicteds. Prior to covid only something like 28% of students got predicted grades, or higher. I thankfully got mine but a lot of my friends didn’t this year. It was really tough especially as the Govt insisted on no leniency or mitigations compared to the other countries. I don’t know what happened this year in England & I don’t want to scare anyone but we had people predicted solid A* get Bs etc. it was very random & just seemed out.

So agree to have a least one AAA at least. I think that’ll only be York, Cardiff & Sheffield in Russell Group as Nottingham which was AAA has put up their grades for 2024. Warwick might be AAA too. Or good non Russell group like Lancaster. Worth checking.

Definitely spread your bets, aim high, but give yourself a safety net. Sheffield & Cardiff do sometimes take near misses on results day but this year Notts, Warwick & York weren’t in clearing at all for law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending