The Student Room Group

Opinions about this combination of IB subjects?

I would appreciate any thoughts/opinions about any of the subjects that I'm planning on taking for IB starting this August. (e.g. how difficult they and time consuming are, what kinds of advice you would give to someone taking these subjects, etc)

HL B Chinese, Visual Arts, Physics, Maths; SL Business & Management, English Lit/lang

Current IGCSE subjects with predicted grades by teachers
Art (A*), Business (A*), Physics (A-A*), Biology (A-A*), Chemistry (A), Cambridge Intl Maths (A*), Cambridge Additional Maths (B in Mock exam - no predicted grade), Geography (A), Global Perspectives (A), English Lit (A-A*), English Lang (A), First lang Chinese (Final exam grade: A)

I think I definitely want to take Visual arts, but I was also wondering if Economics would be a better SL to take than Business since I've heard that Econ is easier...

I'm planning on studying Architecture for university which is primarily the reason why I am considering HL maths

Thank you!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by nadiacheng
I would appreciate any thoughts/opinions about any of the subjects that I'm planning on taking for IB starting this August. (e.g. how difficult they and time consuming are, what kinds of advice you would give to someone taking these subjects, etc)

HL B Chinese, Visual Arts, Physics, Maths; SL Business & Management, English Lit/lang

Current IGCSE subjects with predicted grades by teachers
Art (A*), Business (A*), Physics (A-A*), Biology (A-A*), Chemistry (A), Cambridge Intl Maths (A*), Cambridge Additional Maths (B in Mock exam - no predicted grade), Geography (A), Global Perspectives (A), English Lit (A-A*), English Lang (A), First lang Chinese (Final exam grade: A)

I think I definitely want to take Visual arts, but I was also wondering if Economics would be a better SL to take than Business since I've heard that Econ is easier...

I'm planning on studying Architecture for university which is primarily the reason why I am considering HL maths

Thank you!!

I've moved this to the IB forum for you :smile:
Nothing much to say really, your combination looks good. All that matters is that you do subjects you enjoy and/or are interested in because the content can get quite complex and sometimes rather difficult. Also take it from me whose done both business and econs at HL, econs is harder (more technical and maths based) than business,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending