The Student Room Group

Labour MP forced to resign over call for all Jews in Mid East to be deported

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArtofProtest

They think I'm gassed.

HAHAHAHA GENOCIDE!!!! SO FUNNY, HUH???

I don't know why I bothered responding to you. There's no reasoning with a bigot.
Original post by sjohnson98
HAHAHAHA GENOCIDE!!!! SO FUNNY, HUH???

I don't know why I bothered responding to you. There's no reasoning with a bigot.

Aw-shucks (!) Didn't mean to offend you there, pal.
Not in cahoots, not a conspiracy but a mere expression of support for Palestine to be filled with Jews, German Jews in this instance.

The agreement was the manifestation of that support but many German Jews did not take it seriously, because no-one could have imagined that Hitler would start actually murdering people.

My point stands, validated.

They think I'm gassed.

I said your question was whataboutery, You then proceeded to ad-hominem me.

My point stands, validated again.

You said that Jews were in "collusion" with the Nazis, the synonym of that word is conspiracy, and it means clandestine or unlawful collaboration.
Good riddance.
Good riddance. If you can't control what you do and what you say (think whatever the hell you want, just don't express it if it's wrong fgs), at such a high position, then you probably wouldn't be going any further anyway
Original post by KingBradly
You said that Jews were in "collusion" with the Nazis, the synonym of that word is conspiracy, and it means clandestine or unlawful collaboration.

Perhaps if you periodically reviewed exactly what it was that you were responding to, you wouldn't make as many stupid errors as you are doing now:

"Were the Zionists in collusion, or at the very least tacitly approve of Hitler's actions because it would strengthen their hand and their claim to the land of Palestine? Of course."

Am I saying that the Zionists conspired with Hitler to murder Jews? Am I saying that the Zionists conspired with Hitler to get rid of Jews permanently?

Look at the context (i,e: "strengthen their hand and claim to the land of Palestine"), in which the words were stated.

The Zionists did exactly that. They made an agreement with the Reich to transfer Jews from Germany to Palestine.

My point, validated, yet again.
Original post by Serine Soul
Good riddance. If you can't control what you do and what you say (think whatever the hell you want, just don't express it if it's wrong fgs), at such a high position, then you probably wouldn't be going any further anyway

Point was expressed nearly half a year before she was elected and there is nothing in the point expressed that anyone in this thread, has been able to counter.

Perhaps you could inform us what exactly was wrong with her statement?
Perhaps if you periodically reviewed exactly what it was that you were responding to, you wouldn't make as many stupid errors as you are doing now:

"Were the Zionists in collusion, or at the very least tacitly approve of Hitler's actions because it would strengthen their hand and their claim to the land of Palestine? Of course."

Am I saying that the Zionists conspired with Hitler to murder Jews? Am I saying that the Zionists conspired with Hitler to get rid of Jews permanently?

Look at the context (i,e: "strengthen their hand and claim to the land of Palestine":wink:, in which the words were stated.

The Zionists did exactly that. They made an agreement with the Reich to transfer Jews from Germany to Palestine.

My point, validated, yet again.

But that agreement couldn't be called "collusion", as it was neither illegal, nor secret, nor particularly malicious in theory.
But that agreement couldn't be called "collusion", as it was neither illegal, nor secret, nor particularly malicious in theory.

Please stop embarrassing yourself by being pedantic (didn't you accuse me earlier of being pedantic?). That's got to be awkward.

Tell you what, you pick a term which describes the Haavara Agreement between the Zionists and the Reich, to transfer German Jews to Palestine, and we'll see if we can agree on it.

Deal?
Reply 89
Original post by TelAviv
'whole world will be happy'

:lolwut:

That, an MP?
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Naz Shah MP, a newly-elected Labour MP and close ally of Jeremy Corbyn has been forced to resign from her position as Parliamentary Private Secretary to John McDonnell, over her comments calling for all Jews in the Middle East to be deported to North America

The Independent article you reference does not support the claim you make above.
Reply 91
Original post by DMcGovern
The 1948 Arab-Israeli War killed hundreds of Arabs, Jews and British. Some 700,000 Palestinians caught up in the turmoil fled or were driven from their homes. On June 11, a truce was accepted by all parties. Israel used the lull to undertake a large-scale reinforcement of its army. In a series of military operations, during the war it conquered the whole of the Galilee region, both the Lydda and Ramle areas, and the Negev. It also managed to secure, in the Battles of Latrun, a road linking Jerusalem to Israel. In this phase, 350,000 more Arab Palestinians fled or were expelled from the conquered areas.

That does not detract from the fact that this State of Israel engaged in ethnic cleansing:
During the 1948 Palestine War, Israel overran far more territory than was proposed by the Partition Plan. In what is known as the Nakba, hundreds of Palestinian villages and over 70,000 Palestinian homes were ruined and destroyed. 700,000 Palestinians were driven out of their homes by the Zionists. On June 11, a truce was accepted. Israel used the lull to undertake a series of military operations, since it had conquered the whole of the Galilee region, both the Lydda and Ramle areas, and the Negev. In this phase, 350,000 more Arab Palestinians fled or were expelled from the conquered areas.

The State of Israel is a sectarian one, in which religion and state are fused, and in which any Jew from any country, even if a convert, can come to Israel and be given citizenship and land for free in illegal settlements, while Palestinians are being thrown out of the same areas.

The "Arabs" did not declare war. War was declared by various Arab states and Palestinian groups over the conflict, but the 1948 war was the fault of both sides.

No, it was the fault of the Arab states. If they had accepted the partition plan, Palestinians would still live there. Their concerted attack of Israel is unjustifiable.

The ongoing colonisation is a separate issue.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am going to clear this up for everyone, in a simple format of bullet points:

- There are Zionists lobbying and twisting everything. At every level of education, employment, society, and government. You can see some in this thread. They will spread pro-Israel propaganda, and accuse anyone who disagrees of anti-Semitism. They even make fake anti-Semitic pro-Palestine posts, to prove their agenda.

- Zionists and Jews are totally different things. The majority of Zionists are actually of non-Jewish faith.

- Israel is in breach of a lot of international law, and is a highly unethical country. Just because being [...] is legal in Israel, but not next-door in [...], it doesn't mean it is tolerated. That is more Zionist propaganda.

- If you are sure you do not work for Mossad or Shin Bet, but are pro-Israel, you need to understand that their propaganda has worked on you, and yes, you are brainwashed.

- There is no anti-Semitism in any mainstream political party. In fact, there is a lot of pro-Zionism. See how the youth wings of many parties responded to a non-Zionist being elected as NUS chair? You must understand that all supposed anti-Semitism in mainstream politics is false flag Zionist propaganda.

I hope this educates you. Of course, it will anger the Mossad & Shin Bet agents on this thread. I have esteemed credentials as a politics student, and am very politically active. I hope you can learn.
Please stop embarrassing yourself by being pedantic (didn't you accuse me earlier of being pedantic?). That's got to be awkward.

Tell you what, you pick a term which describes the Haavara Agreement between the Zionists and the Reich, to transfer German Jews to Palestine, and we'll see if we can agree on it.

Deal?

I wouldn't call this pedantic. I'd say you were accusing the Jews of conspiring with the Nazis and now you're going back on your words.
Reply 94
Not in cahoots, not a conspiracy but a mere expression of support for Palestine to be filled with Jews, German Jews in this instance.

I'd say that their primarily objective was to save German Jews, rather than filling Palestine with Jews.
I wouldn't call this pedantic. I'd say you were accusing the Jews of conspiring with the Nazis and now you're going back on your words.

I don't need more pedantry from you. I need a word to describe the Havaara Agreement.

If you can't provide one at the double, it shall stay as collusion and tacit support.

Just give me a word so we can agree and go to sleep.
Reply 96
Original post by win7sony

I hope this educates you. Of course, it will anger the Mossad & Shin Bet agents on this thread. I have esteemed credentials as a politics student, and am very politically active. I hope you can learn.

It's a conspiracy, right?

Original post by Josb
I'd say that their primarily objective was to save German Jews, rather than filling Palestine with Jews.

The Haavara Agreement makes reference to only Palestine, not any other nation or state.

It's roughly equivalent to what Netanyahu is doing now. Using the rising anti-Semitic attacks in Europe to bolster the Jewish population and scaring them into making Aliyah to Israel,
News in. Naz Shah has now got a position in the NUS
Reply 99
The Haavara Agreement makes reference to only Palestine, not any other nation or state.

Because Jews didn't have many options after the USA had closed the gates of immigration in 1924. This agreement was signed in 1933, at the climax of the economic crisis; Jews could not go anywhere else.

It's roughly equivalent to what Netanyahu is doing now. Using the rising anti-Semitic attacks in Europe to bolster the Jewish population and scaring them into making Aliyah to Israel,

I'd say that the threat faced by Jews in the 1930s was a bit more serious than the current antisemitism in Europe. I suppose that it's just another ridiculous comparison from you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending