The Student Room Group

Racism. Major UK corporation only accepting job applications from white people.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImmunetoShaming
So you are determining that 'black' and 'white' are social groups? No, they are ethnicities. Black people, or white people, don't think alike, behave alike, or talk alike through virtue of common skin colour - there's no commonality. Identity can't be arbitrary in one context then applicable the next - it either matters or it doesn't.

Let's call these social groups you refer to what they are: ethnic classifications.

Look I'm not going to get into a semantic argument with you. My point was clear enough whether you want to take offence at how I have expressed myself is your choice.
Original post by toronto353
Look I'm not going to get into a semantic argument with you. My point was clear enough whether you want to take offence at how I have expressed myself is your choice.

Take offence? I haven't been offended since 1997.

It's not semantic, it's important. 'Black' isn't now, nor has it ever been, a 'social grouping.' To suggest otherwise is entirely invalid.
Take offence? I haven't been offended since 1997.

It's not semantic, it's important. 'Black' isn't now, nor has it ever been, a 'social grouping.' To suggest otherwise is entirely invalid.

No, but it's clearly got you riled. My point is clear, now either debate me on the overall sentiment of my post on this thread or don't reply to this post at all.
This must be contrary to the equalities legislation...
Original post by toronto353
No, but it's clearly got you riled. My point is clear, now either debate me on the overall sentiment of my post on this thread or don't reply to this post at all.

Of course it has me riled, the notion that 200,000 people can be neatly placed inside a social grouping titled 'black', or tens of millions of people can be neatly placed inside a social grouping titled 'white', is an absolute affront to liberalism.

That said, I agreed with the sentiment of your post.
Reply 25
I'm a black, asexual, transsexual, gender neutral goth hybrid. That must score me at least 10 points on the progressive stack?

You also need a disability.
Of course it has me riled, the notion that 200,000 people can be neatly placed inside a social grouping titled 'black', or tens of millions of people can be neatly placed inside a social grouping titled 'white', is an absolute affront to liberalism.

That said, I agreed with the sentiment of your post.

Thank you, the term was only used to try to avoid offence and probably could be expressed better I admit.

Here's the message from the BBC: 'black people can only be understood by other black people. The notion that a white person is in any way representative of a black person is ridiculous. Black people are to be defined by their ethnicity, not their individualism.'

Wheres this bit from? Link us up. I couldnt see it.
Original post by c1786382
Uk are mostly inbred, it's time to reach out genetically to buffer your inherited health problems.

And what evidence do you have for this?
Original post by c1786382
What is so important about being white? You're overstating how precious being white is, race is a false and deceptive social construct.

What is so important about being a nihilist? Everything is a false and deceptive social construct, even your nihilism.

Anyway, being white seems like a pretty important factor if I want to apply for an internship at the BBC.
Original post by 999tigger
Wheres this bit from? Link us up. I couldnt see it.

I was articulating subtext, or rather what people draw from the principle 'only x ethnicity need apply.'
I was articulating subtext, or rather what people draw from the principle 'only x ethnicity need apply.'

I get what you meant with that but actually I felt it more with Khan's statements as he directly spoke about representation.

So you made it up in other words.

You do realise the people organising this are nothing to do with the BBC, but are in fact a charity who assist a few young people from underrepresented ethnic minorities into gaining an internship in the media industries?

No idea why you are having such hysterics over a few apprenticeships/ trainees and interships.
So you made it up in other words.

You do realise the people organising this are nothing to do with the BBC, but are in fact a charity who assist a few young people from underrepresented ethnic minorities into gaining an internship in the media industries?

No idea why you are having such hysterics over a few apprenticeships/ trainees and interships.

Yeah, being opposed to racism is hysterics. Thanks for legitimising racism - I didn't realise it was appropriate nowadays, apparently I'm out of touch.

You do realise the BBC has to create the place in its organisation to facilitate their racist policies, yes?

I don't think you understand how recruitment works. You see, first of all you determine there's a position which needs to be filled. Then, you either try to fill that position yourself or your approach a recruitment agency. Are you under the impression they are attempting to fill an imaginary role?

It never fails to amaze me how far progressives will go to rationalise blatant racism (when it doesn't fit their prejudicial cause).
Yeah, being opposed to racism is hysterics. Thanks for legitimising racism - I didn't realise it was appropriate nowadays, apparently I'm out of touch.

You do realise the BBC has to create the place in its organisation to facilitate their racist policies, yes?

I don't think you understand how recruitment works. You see, first of all you determine there's a position which needs to be filled. Then, you either try to fill that position yourself or your approach a recruitment agency. Are you under the impression they are attempting to fill an imaginary role?

It never fails to amaze me how far progressives will go to rationalise blatant racism (when it doesn't fit their prejudicial cause).

Not really. You made claim which was actually untrue.
You pointed to a website which was nothing to do with the BBC, but is a charity.
You then made comments up about the BBC.
They arent even real jobs, just internships and a few apprenticehips. Paid for by the charity.

By all means present an argument, but blatant misrepresentations, inaccuracies and lies is a poor show. If you actually bother to read the way the charity works, then you might learn something, Do carry on frothing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not really. You made claim which was actually untrue.
You pointed to a website which was nothing to do with the BBC, but is a charity.
You then made comments up about the BBC.
They arent even real jobs, just internships and a few apprenticehips. Paid for by the charity.

By all means present an argument, but blatant misrepresentations, inaccuracies and lies is a poor show. If you actually bother to read the way the charity works, then you might learn something, Do carry on frothing.

Do carry on being racist. So, what you're saying is that it's wholly acceptable to ban black people from applying for jobs providing those jobs are apprenticeships? So...'white only apprenticeships' from now on, then?

What part about this do you not understand...do you need me to draw it out in crayon for you? Are you under the impression the BBC isn't facilitating jobs which are advertised for the BBC? Or is it merely the case that you can't rationalise this within the confines of your prejudiced ideology?
Reply 36
This has the left written all over it
Oh, wait, no...they are only accepting job applications from black people and ethnic minorities. http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities White people: move to the back of the bus.

The name of the corporation? The BBC.

Here's the message from the BBC: 'black people can only be understood by other black people. The notion that a white person is in any way representative of a black person is ridiculous. Black people are to be defined by their ethnicity, not their individualism.'

Of course, thank you, BBC. You have just legitimised white supremacy. White people: remember, only white people can represent and understand you. From now, just vote and trade white. For every white victory, declare it a victory for yourself - you are your ethnicity, it's how you are defined and it's all that you are.'

It's called progressivism, get with it. It's the way forward.

Are you by any chance, @TheCitizenAct?

You write slightly differently, but people change, and you bring up the same points as that user.

(Can PM me if you want to be discreet.)

Original post by ivybridge
I'm not, it's horrendous. However, it's just constant whining on this forum. Constant. Every hour.

It's still dismissive of his point.
They are significantly paid for to the tune of roughly 15K to 20K per person and actually by the tax payer so it's even worse. It's not license payers funding this. It's a loophole for affirmative action which would normally be illegal.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XcitingStuart
Are you by any chance, @TheCitizenAct?

You write slightly differently, but people change, and you bring up the same points as that user.

Nope.

p.s. people don't change :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending