The Student Room Group

Ill but still sat the exam

In my N5 maths exam I felt extremely ill but still went through with it. I wasn't entirely in the right frame of mind due to a day long migraine. My mother called the school and apparently if I was deemed ill by my doctor something could be done. My doctor noted that I was very ill today (I feel x10 better than yesterday), gave me an antibiotic,and has wrote me a line which will be sent to SQA. My question is, what will happen from here? Will the SQA disregard it and use my exam or will my prelim result be used? I'm so confused
Reply 1
Might I add that it wasn't just a migraine, it was a whole host of other things.
Reply 2
Original post by Morganlove
In my N5 maths exam I felt extremely ill but still went through with it. I wasn't entirely in the right frame of mind due to a day long migraine. My mother called the school and apparently if I was deemed ill by my doctor something could be done. My doctor noted that I was very ill today (I feel x10 better than yesterday), gave me an antibiotic,and has wrote me a line which will be sent to SQA. My question is, what will happen from here? Will the SQA disregard it and use my exam or will my prelim result be used? I'm so confused

I'm not entirely 100% sure, But I think I read somewhere on the SQA website that if you came in, then they'll just go by your result in the exam, even if you were ill. However I'm not too sure.
Reply 3
I'm not sure what will be done as you've already sat the exam but I was too ill to do my maths exam too, so I contacted the school etc and they're sending my prelim and nab results to the SQA along with the line I'm getting from my doctor :smile: I think they pretty much just look at those and give me my grade based on that
Original post by lornc
I'm not sure what will be done as you've already sat the exam but I was too ill to do my maths exam too, so I contacted the school etc and they're sending my prelim and nab results to the SQA along with the line I'm getting from my doctor :smile: I think they pretty much just look at those and give me my grade based on that

What did you get in your prelim ?
Reply 5
Original post by Ethan100
What did you get in your prelim ?

I got a B in the prelim, not like amazing but I'm actually so glad I couldn't do the exam cause I'd probably end up with a no reward
Original post by lornc
I got a B in the prelim, not like amazing but I'm actually so glad I couldn't do the exam cause I'd probably end up with a no reward

hhahaha, I would die for a B in the final :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending