The Student Room Group

2023 Results for Uni

I have been aspiring to apply for Engineering at Cambridge for a while now: I am taking A-levels in Maths, FM, Physics, chemistry. My school does all of A-level maths in year 12, so I sat the exam this year and was 5 marks off of the A*. I will be getting a remark, but I was just wondering if this is a still a realistic aspiration for me to have, as I know a lot of cambridge colleges require the A* in Maths. Would they be considerate of the fact I took it a year early and allow me to resit next year? Any help is much appreciated :smile:
No - they will not be considerate about the fact that you sat the exam a year early.
But yes, they will still consider you if you resit next year and score an A*.
You just won't get any extra sympathy or I guess consideration for having sat it early the first time round.
Reply 2
Original post by confuzzledteen
No - they will not be considerate about the fact that you sat the exam a year early.
But yes, they will still consider you if you resit next year and score an A*.
You just won't get any extra sympathy or I guess consideration for having sat it early the first time round.

Thanks, this helps a lot. Just to clarify, would I still be able to apply this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending