The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

how do you tell the difference between

y= Acosnx + Bsinnx for the complementary function from dy^2/dx^2 +n^2y

and y= Ae^-nx +Be^nx.

If you have
dy^2/dx^2 +n^2y , this will give k^2= +/- ni , so because it isn't real is it y=Acosx + Bsinx

dy^2/dx^2 -n^2y this will give k^2= n^2, so because it is real, is it y= Ae^(nx) +Be^(-nx)

Is this correct
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
For FM FP1, FP2, FP3, M2, S2, D1. How about you?

Same apart from I'm doing FP4 instead of D1
What's the hardest FP3 paper? I think the hardest I remember doing was June 2014.
The exam is in 2 days but it doesn't feel real to me. Not sure if this is good or not lol
Original post by Anonymoose12
What's the hardest FP3 paper? I think the hardest I remember doing was June 2014.

I'd say 2015 was harder for me
Reply 205

Original post by Roxanne18
Same apart from I'm doing FP4 instead of D1

How does FP4 compare to the other FP modules?

2014 and 2015 by far the hardest.
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
How does FP4 compare to the other FP modules?

One of the most difficult along with FP2 I think.
The whole paper is about vectors, matrices, planes and things, which is good if you can get on with them, but I find it hard!
Reply 209
One of the most difficult along with FP2 I think.
The whole paper is about vectors, matrices, planes and things, which is good if you can get on with them, but I find it hard!

What do you need overall in fm?
Original post by Hjyu1
What do you need overall in fm?

I need a B in it for university, but my school want me to get an A atleast. How about you ?
Reply 211
I need a B in it for university, but my school want me to get an A atleast. How about you ?

Need an A for uni so trying to hopefully get 80-90 in this
Original post by Hjyu1
Need an A for uni so trying to hopefully get 80-90 in this

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you (:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 213
Good luck! Hope it goes well for you (:

You too
Helppppppppp jan 12 paper question 8b(ii)
Original post by misslili118
Helppppppppp jan 12 paper question 8b(ii)

440px-Circle_slices.svg.pngYou know the radius of the circle (=4) and you know the angle AOB. The length of the arc is rθ r\theta . The straight line is AB which should be easy to work out the length.
2523t.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by B_9710
440px-Circle_slices.svg.pngYou know the radius of the circle (=4) and you know the angle AOB. The length of the arc is rθ r\theta . The straight line is AB which should be easy to work out the length.
THANKS
Original post by misslili118
THANKS

Don't mistake the segment for the sector.
What sort of knowledge from C3 and C4 do you guys reckon we might need? I know in past papers they've used partial fractions and Rcos(x-a).

Also, does anyone have a condensed version of the 2015 paper? I want to redo it as when we did it in school way back I got an E :s-smilie:
I don't want to have to print off all the lined pages though since ink is so expensive.
Here you go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending