The Student Room Group

Core 1 Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

In that question I think the gradient of the lines was 17/2 and I got k to be 44/8
This is unacceptable. We shall riot. #****Edexcel

On another note, what are everyone's thoughts on C2 and M1/S1.

.. I thought C1 was supposed to be easy
Reply 42
Original post by somebodyelse98
For the area of the quadrilateral did people get 54 1/3 ???

I am pretty sure the area was 163/3, which is the same as 54 and 1/3
Reply 43
Original post by Reda2
that makes me happy!

Lol that's good, but hopefully it better be 17/2 or ill go ballistic!
If the C2 and M1 paper is too hard (like this one) i am going to answer what i can and then draw dank memes :L cba to do this ****
Reply 45
Did anyone else get something like 163/3 for the area of the quadrilateral??
Reply 46
From not answering questions fully I reckon I lost 4/5 marks. The rest of the questions I got the same answers as my year and I'm fairly certain they were right. Unless I somehow lost 7 marks I'm hoping for the A bracket
Reply 47
What did everyone get for the simultaneous Equation?
Reply 48
Original post by limadima
so many improper fractions, thought I was going wrong, never have I done a paper with fractions like this.

Same I thought I'm going mental as I keep getting fractions omg just glad I'm not the only one.
Reply 49
Original post by Michaelj99
Yeh I got 17/2 somewhere, I got it as a gradient and then got it as another answer in that question :s-smilie:

Mine literally I got all fractions, I dunno if I got 17/2 the second time but I know I written it as gradient
Reply 50
There goes a chance of an A grade, unless C2 is the complete opposite to this...
Reply 51
wasnt the age 28 as the gifts started on his 10th birthday and as n=18 so 10+18=28 years
Lowest raw mark out of 75 for an A?
And what would that be for UMS
Reply 53
Original post by mbh16
What did everyone get for the simultaneous Equation?

x = 1/3 y= -1/3 I can't remember what I written for second...
Wasn't his age 64.25?
that x coordinate of 44/3 was an absolute mare
Reply 56
Original post by tkhanna
wasnt the age 28 as the gifts started on his 10th birthday and as n=18 so 10+18=28 years

That's what I got but everyone else is saying 27 (17 years) and none of my Sn or Un formulas worked so... :frown:
Original post by tkhanna

n=18
so from 10 to 27 there is 18 [Inclusive].
Original post by kk5
Mine literally I got all fractions, I dunno if I got 17/2 the second time but I know I written it as gradient

Hmm im not sure how I got 17/2 again :s-smilie: i remember putting y=17/2 again but dunno lool I got a lot of fractions too. I found it a bit better than last year since I realised dumb mistakes I was making
Original post by abbey1
Did anyone else get something like 163/3 for the area of the quadrilateral??

i managed to get 169/3 i may be wrong.both answers are similar so i think i may of done some calc mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest