The Student Room Group

Ex texted me after 5 months no contact

So this morning I woke up to a text from my ex, massive shock as I didn't think I'd ever hear from her again.

She asked me: "Have you still got my stuff at yours or have you thrown them out?".
To which I replied: "As of last week I threw them out".

Thing is, the stuff in the bag wasn't anything important, at all. Like various bits of cheap makeup, a couple of bits of clothes which she hadn't chased me for, why is she leaving it until 5 months or so later to ask?

She hasn't replied since, so i've taken it at face value that she genuinely wanted to know if I still had her stuff, I just find it strange that she would send a text like this at 2am in the morning?

Am I reading into it or is there something more going on here?

Scroll to see replies

Who knows? Does it matter? You should know why you split. If you have any more contact you will undo all your progress.
she was probably drunk texting you :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by booksandcats
she was probably drunk texting you :wink:

Drunk texting that well though over that issue? Seems a bit weird haha
She still has your number.
If she is drunk you are on her mind.
The stuff wasn't important.
The question gave her an excuse to see you.

If you wanted to see her you are dumb. You should have said yes, she would have came and collected it.

Saying you threw it out last week says 'I'm over you, I just got over you last week, btw it took me until last week to throw you in the trash'

You seeing the issue here?
Original post by Anonymous
Drunk texting that well though over that issue? Seems a bit weird haha

yeah ikr, but there could be many reasons tho:tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by DanteTheDoorWot
She still has your number.
If she is drunk you are on her mind.
The stuff wasn't important.
The question gave her an excuse to see you.

If you wanted to see her you are dumb. You should have said yes, she would have came and collected it.

Saying you threw it out last week says 'I'm over you, I just got over you last week, btw it took me until last week to throw you in the trash'

You seeing the issue here?

But the dialog was open, it's not like it's closed and i've told her to go away, I simply said that yeah i've got rid of it, and she'll know it's because i'm moving house next week, she'd had like 5 months to ask me and she didn't. Like if she wanted to speak to me that badly surely she would have bothered to speak to me regardless? I do see the issue though.
But the dialog was open, it's not like it's closed and i've told her to go away, I simply said that yeah i've got rid of it, and she'll know it's because i'm moving house next week, she'd had like 5 months to ask me and she didn't. Like if she wanted to speak to me that badly surely she would have bothered to speak to me regardless? I do see the issue though.

She doesn't sound drunk. How would she know you are moving house next week? She may have used it as an excuse to meet you.

I left stuff at my exes but I wouldn't be making small talk to get it back unless I wanted to see her. I would assume she binned it.
Reply 8
You two broke up for a reason no? So you shouldn't care. It didn't work the first time it won't work the second time...
Reply 9
She doesn't sound drunk. How would she know you are moving house next week? She may have used it as an excuse to meet you.

I left stuff at my exes but I wouldn't be making small talk to get it back unless I wanted to see her. I would assume she binned it.

Because i've just finished uni, so would be moving back home etc. Yeah that's what I was thinking, i'd think it would have made less sense if she was drunk. The only possible things I can see are A. She was in my town or passing through on the way back from something and wanted to pick it up on the way back or B. (There was some lingerie in there) she's got someone new and wanted it back for whatever reason.

OR she wanted an excuse to see or talk to me, I mean she could have replied regardless surely, if she was that desperate? It was only three weeks ago she wrote a massive paragraph on her tumblr page about how crap of a boyfriend I was? None of it makes any sense!
Because i've just finished uni, so would be moving back home etc. Yeah that's what I was thinking, i'd think it would have made less sense if she was drunk. The only possible things I can see are A. She was in my town or passing through on the way back from something and wanted to pick it up on the way back or B. (There was some lingerie in there) she's got someone new and wanted it back for whatever reason.

OR she wanted an excuse to see or talk to me, I mean she could have replied regardless surely, if she was that desperate? It was only three weeks ago she wrote a massive paragraph on her tumblr page about how crap of a boyfriend I was? None of it makes any sense!

She's just a bitter girl scared of being rejected by her ex even though she still likes him. Makes perfect sense.
She's just a bitter girl scared of being rejected by her ex even though she still likes him. Makes perfect sense.

Makes sense, she's stalked my twitter and my blog a lot recently.
You reckon she's going to speak to me again or that's it?
she will speak again. She is into you mate. If you do not mind me asking why did you break up?
There's a multitude of different reasons why she did this;

- Drunk text (and yes, people can drunk text "well". There's also spell correction!)
- Breadcrumbs (trying to see if you would reply IE looking for signs of interest/open communication)
- Boredom
- Selfishness
- Genuinely wanted her stuff back

I'd take it as it was; a text from your ex to find out if you had her stuff, you said no, she hasn't responded. Go no contact (again!) and if she contacts you later on, there's something else going on.

My ex, who utterly loathes me, sent me back ONE insignificant item after a year of no contact. Sometimes they don't even have a reason.
back...away...slowly
Stop thinking into it lol if it didn't work out it will never work out. Just ignore her and move on, you don't need that person in your life anymore because they'll just mess your future up. Sure, she may have texted you because of a deeper underlying reason so just ignore. The past should stay in the past :smile:
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
she will speak again. She is into you mate. If you do not mind me asking why did you break up?

Long story, but we just argued a fair amount and we were both going through a lot of stress at the time. Me with uni, her with work. One night I was gutted because my grandad had been rushed into hospital, she never asked what was up but instead avoided talking to me about it or whatever, she kicked off and I'd just had enough. She wanted to be friends weeks later, I refused, she kicked off again so I went no contact.
it sounds to me like you two had a rough break up. So possibly she may want to contact you in order to get some closure. How do you feel about her mate?
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
it sounds to me like you two had a rough break up. So possibly she may want to contact you in order to get some closure. How do you feel about her mate?

Miss her but trying to move on, so this message ****ed my day right up haha. It's been 5 months so it'd be stupid not to move on after that time.
yeah mate ive been through what your going through. She is trying to lure you in slowly by slowly in order to get you to talk to her. Be careful as the next thing you know she may be asking to meet you and feelings will come back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending