The Student Room Group

My ex girlfriend cheated on her newly boyfriend with me

I really dont know what to do in this situation as I still somewhat have feelings for my ex and definitely care about her a lot and I'm feel so much guilt as it feels like it goes against my moral compass as I'm catholic. After searching up online the catholic stance on cheating is adultery against a married partner but it doesn't really make me feel any better.

My ex and I have been broken up for almost 3 months now and we have had no contact for about 2 months until about 2 days ago where she texted me about something which I found strange and she let me know she has a boyfriend and lets me know they have been dating for under a month, it was nice she texted though and kinda catching up where we are in life then conversation stopped and said thank you for catching up a little bit, saying that thinking I won't hear from her for a while or ever. Then the next day she texts again asking if she wants to play a video game with me, I then say don't you have a bf to play with a she says he's at work I thought this was a bit weird and left it. then today the current day she texted again saying do you want me to pick you up and sort out on selling our holiday trip that we had plans for the end of the year. I agreed as I wanted to get it over and done with. she then picked me up and took me to the beach and we stayed in the car talking about our past relationship and eventually listing our holiday up for auction. At this point, I tell her I worry about her and her future and that I still care for her and probably will never stop. The reason I worry for her is because after our breakup she lost a lot of motivation for school and she then turned to vaping and is addicted and the way she deals with problems is vaping which really hurt me to see how much she changed for the worse. I then believe she definitely wasn't ready for a new relationship and I feel like the only reason she got into a new relationship was to keep her from being lonely or to try keep her mind off me or to try and boast she has a new partner. eventually, she lay on top of me in the car and we got a bit touchy(we did not have sex) she had multiple times to stop this and stop everything but didn't as it was going on for about 20 minutes or so. After she cheated she broke out into tears while still in my arms. I had no words and no idea what to do and say and whilst being very disappointed in myself she then dropped me home after silence and now I'm here stuck not knowing what to do and wondering if I'm being too hard on myself.
does anyone have anything to say or any comments or any questions as I'm kinda lost right now?

!update!: I messaged her asking how she was, she said fine and I asked her what she is going to do and she said "Obviously not telling him" I then gave my input and she then replied "I don't need your input thanks" and "Please don't message me again" i then replied with "okay"
and I went to go send one final text saying "One last thing just know I'm always here if you need to call, talk or need help" and as i sent the message the text bubble was green meaning she blocked my number. which made me feel even more sad so now I'm here just lost and stuck in despairity.
(edited 5 months ago)
asking her how is she?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
asking her how is she?

just did that, she said fine and I asked her what she is going to do and she said "Obviously not telling him" I then gave my input and she then replied "I don't need your input thanks" and "Please don't message me again" i then replied with "okay"
and I went to go send one final text saying "One last thing just know I'm always here if you need to call, talk or need help" and as i sent the message the text bubble was green meaning she blocked my number. which made me feel even more sad so now I'm here just lost and stuck in despairity.
she had so many mood swings. leave her and dont be there for her. get to work and seek help if need any.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending